GDT: UFC 304: Edwards vs. Muhammad 2

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
hoping for some hometown judging so I dont have to listen to belal being announced as the champ.

Leon did more on the ground with 1 elbow than belal did all fight.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1722143770572.png

Reactions: Taytro

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Leon proved he could do damage when he goes... He just only decided to go with 20 seconds left in a fight that he was losing.
I think his tired from the time of the fight thing is valid, but its also an excuse.

Belal had to deal with that problem too.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I think his tired from the time of the fight thing is valid, but its also an excuse.

Belal had to deal with that problem too.
It's not like he didn't have time to prepare for that... This wasn't a last minute fight, if that was an issue in his performance then it's entirely because he didn't prepare appropriately. Also, several other UK athletes had to perform late on the card and had success.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Whatever. I think everyone knows at this point that Shavkat is the uncrowned king at 170. I expect Belal will call out everyone else other than him

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
UFC post show are saying the fight that makes the most sense for Belal is Usman. Did they forget Usman is on a 3 fight losing skid! Sanko only one making sense saying Shavkat. And Shavkat does not have a fight booked!
Shavkat is obviously the heir apparent but his best wins were against the guys currently ranked #9 and #10 who both had several recent losses before fighting him. I personally feel he's right there but needs to beat a top 5 guy in order to secure a title shot. I think Shavkat vs Jack Della Maddalena would be the perfect fight to make and introduce a new title challenger.

Colby and Usman are holding up those rankings, neither guy has won a fight in 2 years. In the last 5 years Colby has only beaten Masvidal and Woodley, both on the way to retiring. Get these two out of the rankings and bring in some fresh talent to challenge for what should be an exciting division.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Shavkat is obviously the heir apparent but his best wins were against the guys currently ranked #9 and #10 who both had several recent losses before fighting him. I personally feel he's right there but needs to beat a top 5 guy in order to secure a title shot. I think Shavkat vs Jack Della Maddalena would be the perfect fight to make and introduce a new title challenger.

Colby and Usman are holding up those rankings, neither guy has won a fight in 2 years. In the last 5 years Colby has only beaten Masvidal and Woodley, both on the way to retiring. Get these two out of the rankings and bring in some fresh talent to challenge for what should be an exciting division.
Colby shouldnt even be ranked still

His biggest thing was losing a close fight to Usman.

If Usman wants to, I think he deserves a chance to make another run at the 170 belt.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Colby shouldnt even be ranked still

His biggest thing was losing a close fight to Usman.

If Usman wants to, I think he deserves a chance to make another run at the 170 belt.
Usman needs a win before anything else, something he hasn't been about get in the last 3 years. If you're winless in 3 years I don't think you belong on the rankings and I don't think you belong in discussion for a title fight.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Why? Because of his antics?
Matchmakers had a number of reasons apparently

I imagine style, maybe not the easiest to work with, he apparently suckered Kape this week are all things that go into it.

He’s still super young so i think he’ll be back at some point. Striking looked cleaner tonight when he did throw.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad