GDT: UFC 303: Pereira vs. Prochazka 2/PFL 6

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
People are bagging on Garry’s performance and I definitely get it- it was boring- but people rarely look good against high end karate style fighters. He did what he had to do to beat a guy who looked unreal in his ufc debut against Holland

I'm bagging on both guys. I thought the fight was terrible and I think both are overrated, especially MVP. The MVP/Holland fight was also awful.

No issue at all with Garry's game plan because you do what it takes to win. Just save the top contender talk because I've yet to see that. If others do then that's cool but I haven't seen anything that suggests he's on that level.

As for MVP, all this flash and theatrics that leads to strikes in small bursts and a whole lot of nothing else. He landed some good shots in the second round of this fight and had some moments against Holland but both times I couldn't wait for the fight to be over and there was booing throughout.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Poaton should fight Ankalaev first unless he's stepping in at short notice again. By then hopefully the HW shit will be sorted out.

Reactions: I am not exposed

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Garry's stock went down for me after that performance. MVP has no ground game at all and he couldn't seal the deal in the first round with such dominant position and a choke locked in. Then couldn't do anything with the back in round 3. If 10-10 rounds were allowed, that's a draw all day. Garry had no answers for MVP on the feet, which actually surprised me. I thought the standup would be more competitive. This guy hasn't proven he can hang with the big boys yet.

After seeing Ige do what he did, I think Lopes is lucky he didn't have to face a healthy Ortega. Guy doesn't throw any straight punches and seemed to gas out in the 3rd. Mad props for doing what he did, but I would agree that he was "exposed" in a way. Still has a bright future though, same with Garry.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Dana's hype for UFC Noche at the Sphere is wild, even by his own standards. That event is going to have to be off the wall amazing or I'm going to be very disappointed.

I'm pretty curious how it translates onto the tv... I'm sure being there in person is most likely going to be pretty awesome but the broadcast may be awkward cause you gotta show the fight going on and not the background.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I'm pretty curious how it translates onto the tv... I'm sure being there in person is most likely going to be pretty awesome but the broadcast may be awkward cause you gotta show the fight going on and not the background.
He said they're going from the usual one broadcast truck to four and they've brought in Emmy award winning production people to work on the broadcast. He also admitted part of the reason why they're going with the Riyadh Season branding now is because they've blown through so much money on the event already. It really does sound like it's going to be special.

Reactions: CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad