GDT: UFC 261: Usman vs. Masvidal 2

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Crazy night of fights overall, wow.

Usman is cementing his legacy, this guy is phenomenal. Towards the end of the first round he was looking a bit sloppy/tired but was able to right the ship, what a fighter, don't know what else to say. For all the crap I've talked about Masvidal, hopefully he gets back into his "tier" and finishes his career on a positive note. KO's like that, you never know if someone will be the same. Props to him for the body of work and getting there, took the L like a pro.

The other two champ fights, holy shit. Utter dominance from Valentina and Rose with another one for the highlight reel. I'd like to see Nunes III and a Zhang rematch, but Rose at least has some options for the next fight. Valentina on the other hand, nobody comes close.

Devastated for Weidman, he looked to be in great shape coming into this fight and ready for a bit of a resurgence. Terrible freak injury, no idea if he'll fight again.

And even though Smith vs Crute lasted one round, that was a fun fight. Smith looked good, hope to see him get a more established name after that one.

Craziness all around.

Reactions: m9 and Avs_19

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Fun watching people get worked up about Colby.

Guy was on the verge of getting cut and did what he had to do to make a living.

who says he was on the verge of getting cut? I keep hearing that but who said it- Colby? I wouldn’t really trust him

he was maybe on the verge of getting cut if he lost after being stopped almost immediately by Alves, but that would be every fighter....yet none of them have made a clown of themselves by attacking family and teammates

Basically what I’m saying is that he uses that as a crutch to justify his shitty behavior and Colby stans lap it up to justify rooting for him

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Usman has really improved under Wittman, he's learned to use his power. I don't see anyone beating him, best WW in the world and it's not even close.

Reactions: Avs_19 and CDJ

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
who says he was on the verge of getting cut? I keep hearing that but who said it- Colby? I wouldn’t really trust him

he was maybe on the verge of getting cut if he lost after being stopped almost immediately by Alves, but that would be every fighter....yet none of them have made a clown of themselves by attacking family and teammates

Basically what I’m saying is that he uses that as a crutch to justify his shitty behavior and Colby stans lap it up to justify rooting for him

Colby has openly said he was told that he was going to be cut after Brazil, which is why he talked the shit he did after the fight.

And it's pretty easily believable.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Crazy night of fights overall, wow.

Usman is cementing his legacy, this guy is phenomenal. Towards the end of the first round he was looking a bit sloppy/tired but was able to right the ship, what a fighter, don't know what else to say. For all the crap I've talked about Masvidal, hopefully he gets back into his "tier" and finishes his career on a positive note. KO's like that, you never know if someone will be the same. Props to him for the body of work and getting there, took the L like a pro.

The other two champ fights, holy shit. Utter dominance from Valentina and Rose with another one for the highlight reel. I'd like to see Nunes III and a Zhang rematch, but Rose at least has some options for the next fight. Valentina on the other hand, nobody comes close.

Devastated for Weidman, he looked to be in great shape coming into this fight and ready for a bit of a resurgence. Terrible freak injury, no idea if he'll fight again.

And even though Smith vs Crute lasted one round, that was a fun fight. Smith looked good, hope to see him get a more established name after that one.

Craziness all around.

I don't consider Rose's performance to have been dominant... it's not like she was beating her up for the entirety of the the fight...she caught her with a head kick... it happens

Valentina, on the other hand, dominated

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I want to see Colby vs. Usman again. Usman has improved since that fight, but Colby gave him a real go the first time (hell I had Colby ahead until he got stopped). Will be interesting to see if Colby has improved also.

Absolutely, gimmick aside these guys are absolute pros and workaholics. They are always trying to get better but Usman is getting better at a very fast rate.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Colby has openly said he was told that he was going to be cut after Brazil, which is why he talked the shit he did after the fight.

And it's pretty easily believable.

It’s not very believable-pretty sure he was on a 5 fight win streak when he made those comments

Maybe his contract was up and they weren’t gonna pay him 6 figures a fight because he’s boring as hell. But he certainly wasn’t about to be “cut”. I think that’s just a narrative Colby pushes to justify his shittiness and I think I’m gonna start pushing back on it, because I honestly don’t think it’s grounded in reality

Reactions: PBandJ and darko

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Dana spending as much time as he has in the post-fight presser criticizing Jake Paul and Triller is a win for Jake Paul and Triller. He shouldn't even be entertaining those topics after a great card like this.

Also, he said they're working on setting up a Nick Diaz fight.

Edit: Dana also confirmed they wanted Whittaker vs. Adesanya over Vettori. Looks like Whittaker should probably just wait it out.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
It’s not very believable-pretty sure he was on a 5 fight win streak when he made those comments

Maybe his contract was up and they weren’t gonna pay him 6 figures a fight because he’s boring as hell. But he certainly wasn’t about to be “cut”. I think that’s just a narrative Colby pushes to justify his shittiness and I think I’m gonna start pushing back on it, because I honestly don’t think it’s grounded in reality

Perhaps. Hard to know but I do think there were financial and career reasons for the heel turn. That much is obvious. Whether or not its about getting cut or being skipped over to low paydays and low exposure is up for debate but it is a show. It's always been a show.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Dana spending as much time as he has in the post-fight presser criticizing Jake Paul and Triller is a win for Jake Paul and Triller. He shouldn't even be entertaining those topics after a great card like this.

Also, he said they're working on setting up a Nick Diaz fight.

pass on seeing Nick Diaz fight unless it’s against Court McGee or somebody similar

Reactions: N o o d l e s

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

No, his purses before and after Brazil justify his shittiness lol.

Controversy creates cash.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I don't consider Rose's performance to have been dominant... it's not like she was beating her up for the entirety of the the fight...she caught her with a head kick... it happens

Valentina, on the other hand, dominated
Was referring to Shevchenko only. 100% down to see Weili get another crack at it.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Usman just keeps getting better and better. That was flawless tonight. He was landing in the first round too but Masvidal was able to eat them and smile. He ate another clean shot and smiled in the second too but I doubt anyone’s chin was holding up to that final KO punch.

This ended up being a great and quick main card. For some unfortunate reasons in the first two fights but then all three championship fights delivered.

Reactions: m9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad