GDT: UFC 243 Whittaker v Adesanya

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
EFuPhSHX0AAxAgn

member 51464

What? You aren't unable to sleep waiting to see if Megan Anderson's unclipped toenails can go 2-0?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
For me it's a brilliant card but I'm biased and have followed these guys for a long time. Matthews, Bam Bam, Robbie, Hooker, Jedi all on the same card. Bring it on. Tafa is a big boy. Watch out for Brad Riddell, as tough as they come.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
It will be fun, it just needs one more big fight. Iaquinta/Hooker as a 3rd fight is great but isn't really a co-main fight to me.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The main event is can't miss so that gets me excited for this card by itself. The co-main should be good as well but obviously the rest of it isn't very strong.

I'm leaning towards Adesanya but can go either way. Both guys are elite level fighters so the one thing I'm going back to is Whittaker's inactivity. He has come back from a long layoff just fine before so that might not be an issue but you don't want to start slow against Adesanya. He's more of a counter fighter but he's also too good of a striker to sit back and let Whittaker get comfortable.

Reactions: m9

member 51464

The early fights would really suck to partake in. Wake up, have a bowl of wheaties, and go get punched in the face.

member 51464

Garbage reffing. Silva has nailed Taha twice in the groin.....a stern warning that "next time" a point will definitely be taken. Like damn. One free shot is bad enough, but two? Come the f*** on.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I got raging Al honestly. Hooker's record doesn't look all that impressive.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Tuivasa's takedown defense if awful. They should feed him to the Boa Constrictor Alexey Oleynik.

member 51464

Man, that second round got violent quick. Tuivasa looked on the walk in like he was maybe having a bit too much fun and enjoying the ride more than taking it seriously. Nothing wrong with that, but he doesn't really seem to have progressed at all as a fighter. It's good his conditioning improved, but....that alone doesn't get it done at this level.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
That was a class example of how to fight at range. That said... Poirier beats him badly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad