GDT: UFC 242: Khabib vs. Poirier

member 51464

I think they would too, if there was not such a long delay and/or if it was on at the regular night fight time.

Reactions: m9

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
Makhachev could be the next Dagestani lightweight big name after Khabib is done. He deserves a ranked opponent

member 51464

Because he is a big and well-established name and doesn't like to take long trips away from the family. He is unlikely to ever travel to Brazil cards or Australia, etc...again. Outside the continental U.S. or Canada, and it is more likely than not he doesn't make it.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Because he is a big and well-established name and doesn't like to take long trips away from the family. He is unlikely to ever travel to Brazil cards or Australia, etc...again. Outside the continental U.S. or Canada, and it is more likely than not he doesn't make it.
Hard to blame him. He's got more than enough money, he's seen so many great fights, and the really, really big fights now almost always happen in either Vegas or New York.

member 51464

Did I mishear or was one judge 30-27 Felder and one 30-27 Barboza? I don't think I've ever seen a disparity like that.

Reactions: Kurtz

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Felder thinks he's going to retire and become an actor?

Someone should tell him he's a redhead

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Poirier has been on such a run lately, it wouldn't shock me if he pulled off the upset

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
If this fight goes to decision... These judges may gift one. 30-27 Felder? What fight did that judge watch? Great fight though.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Poirier seems like one of the nicer guys in MMA, I'm hoping he can derail the Khabib train

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Hard to blame him. He's got more than enough money, he's seen so many great fights, and the really, really big fights now almost always happen in either Vegas or New York.
mostly he just wants to smoke weed and chill with eddie bravo and do fight companions...which is a treat if you can manage to get it synced up live

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I had Barbiza winning but I'm glad Felder did. How 2 of those judges had either guy winning 3 rounds is an absolute joke. 29-28 split could have went either way but neither guy won 2 rounds. Judging is awful.

Reactions: I am not exposed

member 51464

I think Poirier's leg got f***ed up on a kick around a minute into the 2nd round. His movement basically stopped immediately. They say he slipped, but I think something popped or twisted.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,420.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated: