Ufc 200

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Probably Nunes vs Pena now. Especially how Miesha isn't the champion anymore and Holm is fighting Shevchenko.

Holly Holm fights in two weeks. If she's really vicious she could get that fight and if she wins, that sells more than Nunes in a Rousey fight. Depth wise, the cards to end this month suck.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Fight of the night ... : Cain !

i'm going to sleep ... 7.13 AM here. It was worth it.

Aldo vs. Edgar for me.

They probably should have made that the main, since it was also for heavier title, even if it was interim. Had all the potential for a better fight, and it was.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Aldo vs. Edgar for me.

They probably should have made that the main, since it was also for heavier title, even if it was interim. Had all the potential for a better fight, and it was.

FOTN - Aldo/Edgar
POTN - Gegard Mousasi, Amanda Nunes

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
She was out of it on the mat. Tates can go toe-to-toe grappling wise. Many, including myself thought Tate could hold onto Nunes' 2 round onslaught, gas, then win via sub which has been a trend in Nunes' career with the slowdown. Her striking looked so lethal tonight.

Shes such a good grappler that she can throw whatever she wants with reckless abandon.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
I didn't think Kelvin would beat Hendrix so glad I didn't do any betting tonight.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Shes such a good grappler that she can throw whatever she wants with reckless abandon.

I never said that. A completely dazed Miesha Tate is a whole different thing than a calm Meisha Tate on the mat. Tate has high level grappling. She's submitted Marloes Coenen, Holly Holm, beat up Sarah McMann, and grappled with Ronda Rousey longer than anyone has before being submitted.

She has a low fight IQ though. That second fight against Ronda Rousey showed a lot of it. She was winning the exchanges on the feet, but kept bum rushing takedowns. Not sure if you watched the lead up but Miesha Tate thought she was the greatest thing ever or something talking about ripping her head off etc. I think she was over confident for sure. Fought dumb against a top tier opponent.

I'm definitely not going to argue that she has a smart fight IQ lol.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I never said that. A completely dazed Miesha Tate is a whole different thing than a calm Meisha Tate on the mat. Tate has high level grappling. She's submitted Marloes Coenen, Holly Holm, beat up Sarah McMann, and grappled with Ronda Rousey longer than anyone has before being submitted.

She has a low fight IQ though. That second fight against Ronda Rousey showed a lot of it. She was winning the exchanges on the feet, but kept bum rushing takedowns. Not sure if you watched the lead up but Miesha Tate thought she was the greatest thing ever or something talking about ripping her head off etc. I think she was over confident for sure. Fought dumb against a top tier opponent.

I'm definitely not going to argue that she has a smart fight IQ lol.

I was talking about Nunes.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Wasn't a bad card at all. Not a lot of crazy KOs or anything, but a lot of interesting movement in the divisions. Cain looks like Cain again, Aldo looks like Aldo again, Brock might take another fight, and there's a new women's BW champ.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Oh ya the early prelims were great. Thought lesnar/hunt and aldo/Edgar would be better
Thought the Edgar/Aldo fight could've been a lot better, would've been nice if Aldo was more aggressive. HW fights always entertain the hell out of me though so I enjoyed Lesnar/Hunt a lot. Brock did exactly what he needed to do and I hope we see him back in the UFC. I absolutely hate WWE but I love Brock Lesnar. It's pretty damn impressive for a guy who has everything to come out and really prove himself like this against the best fighters in the world.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Dana just announced on FS1 that Bisping will fight Dan Henderson for his first title defense and that Ronda Rousey's first fight back will be vs whoever the champion is when she comes back.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Not sure about you guys but I thought that was a pretty disappointing card. It wasn't even the lack of finishes, just some underwhelming fights overall.

Great performance by Nunes. I actually thought Miesha would win a one-sided fight but she got destroyed. No clue what they do next if Ronda doesn't come back. Pena?

Brock coming in and beating a top 10 HW after that much time off is very impressive, even if but the fight wasn't very entertaining. He fought smart but I wish he would have let it go a bit more when he had full mount for like two minutes. He was more focused on an arm-triangle choke that wasn't there. Got some nice shots in towards the end though.

I don't think that's the last we've seen of Brock. I don't know what his contract situation is but I'm expecting him to be on that MSG card in November. It's good to have Saskatchewan's own back in the mix.

DC/Anderson went pretty much as expected. Again, not a good fight but DC did what he needed to do. Not sure what the fans were expecting there. DC would be an idiot to stand with Anderson. Pretty brutal reaction for a guy who got his show money cut by $500k and took a fight on two days notice to stay on the card. You'd think he was the one who failed a drug test and almost ruined the event with the way they booed him.

Solid performance by Aldo. Frankie was more aggressive but Aldo had those counters timed perfectly. I had it 48-47 for Aldo. Not a bad fight but I expecting more from that one.

It was great seeing Cain back and looking like his old self. He made that look too easy. Just make sure he only fights at sea level from now on!

Good performances by Gastelum, Pena, and Dillashaw.

Sage still has a lot to work on. He did get the job done and showed some heart getting out of some of those submissions. I thought Marin was going to snap his arm at one point and a better fighter probably would have.

Lauzon, Mousasi, and Miller looked amazing. I hope Mousasi gets a bigger name in his next fight.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Hendricks has not looked the same since USADA testing became involved in the sport. He's much slower and looks sluggish out there; far from his form as a champion. The banning of IVs has probably made his weight cut too draining without the proper time to recover.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hendricks has not looked the same since USADA testing became involved in the sport. He's much slower and looks sluggish out there; far from his form as a champion. The banning of IVs has probably made his weight cut too draining without the proper time to recover.

Agreed. Who knows if it's USADA but either way, he hasn't looked good. He's almost in no man's land right now. Can't make 170 and is too small for 185. Seeing him repeatedly eat that one-two combo from Gastelum was pretty bad.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Aldo looked phenomenal. Can't believe so many were sleeping on him, Edgar was running through top contenders with absolute ease, and Aldo shut him down completely. Great comeback fight.

I don't blame Hunt for the loss, Lesnar is just a freak athlete, he actually seems leaner than ever. Seriously, when was the last time we've seen someone able to manhandle Mark Hunt. Lesnar proves once again, that he's legit.

Tate got smashed! Man that surprised me, but at the same time, I just kept feeling like Tate was the weakest champ in the UFC atm, that proved it.

DC/Silva? Meh.. DC couldn't done more, but why risk it I guess, idk, props to Silva for not getting ko'd? :dunno:

Chains a beast, Browne still sucks. Always thought Browne was severely overrated.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Chains a beast, Browne still sucks. Always thought Browne was severely overrated.

Cain make others look like overrated ! He is fast, never gives them a rest, has heavy hits, is master on the floor ... and actually became cautious ... !!

Having been knocked out by Junior and having gone into a guillotine with Werdum ... and having rested for 1.5 year has teached him a couple of things ... among others to be cautious.

We have an improved version of Cain. Maybe capable of keeping the belt for some time ?

Brown is impressive ... but slow compared with Cain ! Put Cain with most others ... the same impression will come out. Except Junior who was a world class athlete. (i do not count Werdum ... this fight was special and strategical mistakes were made ... like no training camp in altitude)

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Dana just announced on FS1 that Bisping will fight Dan Henderson for his first title defense and that Ronda Rousey's first fight back will be vs whoever the champion is when she comes back.
And then Ronda will be champ once again.

The ping ponging of the title just proves how much better Ronda is then everybody else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad