TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
So updated trade candidate list in no particular order is

Kuznetsov - Don't see much value here but who knows
KK - Would be great value as a 3C on another team
Drury - Don't see us getting alot personally, has most value to Rod
Necas - Would obviously get us the most but feel we need at least a 20 goal scorer in return

I'm crossing my fingers for a KK breakout (of sorts). That would calm a ton of anxieties. Then you have the huge blob of kids who will likely spend the entire year in Chicago. If even one or two of them out-perform expectations, they would give yet another unexpected jolt to the lineup.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Although it is almost unlikely as chicken little being right:

If we take Necas to arbitration, we could buy out KK and then re-sign him to a 2 x 2 deal. Keep him around if he does actually reach potential but shorten his deal if he doesn’t while removing all the competition. Save 2 million in space

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Although it is almost unlikely as chicken little being right:

If we take Necas to arbitration, we could buy out KK and then re-sign him to a 2 x 2 deal. Keep him around if he does actually reach potential but shorten his deal if he doesn’t while removing all the competition. Save 2 million in space
Does the CBA allow you to buy someone out and then turn around and re-sign them. Did the Caps do something like that? Or was there a trade involved first?

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Does the CBA allow you to buy someone out and then turn around and re-sign them. Did the Caps do something like that? Or was there a trade involved first?
Flames have done it. It’s okay to re-sign for a regular buy out. Compliance buyouts are another story

But its just a weird thought that won’t happen

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
How we started last year

Turbo-Aho-Jarvis
Svech-Kk-necas
Marty-staal-fast
Noesen-drury-bunting

Now we have

Svech-Aho-Jarvis
Roslovic-Kuzy-Necas
Marty-staal-fast
Kk-drury-carrier

The line combos aren’t that important. We aren’t that far changed on offense.
Without including Necas, Jarvis, and Drury, I've got us with about 195 goals. Last season we put up 277. That's an 82 goal differential. I could see us making up about 2/3 of that, but the rest would be problematic.
I could see us trying to move KK or Kuzy as cap dumps. I like Kuzy for that more with his one year left, someone would probably take him. Then we could fit everyone else.
Kuzy has a 10 team no trade list, so there's always that....probably not too difficult to find one of the other 21 teams willing for a deal.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I kinda think (hope?) kuznetsov shows up ready to rock next year. If he meant what he said after the trade he needed to get clean and get a change of scenery, now he’s got both. I thought he was one of our better forwards in the playoffs and even if he’s a shell of his prime self he can still be a big contributor
I agree, and I think he’s the perfect player for us if he can get himself right. I question whether or not Rod will play him in that 2C role even if he’s healthy and doing well. The only way I see us staying a reasonably offensive minded team vs full on dump and chase playoff hockey year round is if Kuzy comes back healthy and is allowed to play enough minutes to make a difference.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Maybe we keep Necas on a 1x6 to increase his value in trade for the deadline, get a 2nd for KK, 8x7.5m for Jarvis.

Svech - Aho - Jarvis
Roslovic - Kuzy - Necas
Carrier - Drury - FUS
Lemuix - Staal - Martinook

Reactions: Francis10

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Necas stays, KK goes. 2LW brought in through a futures package. Kuznetsov works his ass off this summer and is a proper 2C.

Svechnikov - Aho - Jarvis
Trade - Kuzy - Necas
Martinook - Staal - Roslovic
Carrier - Drury - Robinson
Lemieux
that's about where I am, though I think one of the kids ends up taking a roster spot:

Roslovic might be slotted as a 2nd line winger just temporarily until FUS/Nadeau/Blake get their legs under them. Carrier can slot up temporarily and in fact I like Carrier-Staal-Martinook as an absolute pain in the ass 3rd line if Marty can get back to that grinder with offense that'll hit anyone like he was when Svech started here.

The one thing I actually like about the thought of a Roslovic-Kuzy-Necas second line is that Roslovic is one of the few players that was available that can come closing to keeping up with Necas's speed. Now will Marty want to stay here if that's his line? dunno.

Last edited:

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
that's about where I am, though I think one of the kids ends up taking a roster spot:

Roslovic might be slotter as a 2nd line winger just temporarily until FUS/Nadeau/Blake get their legs under them. Carrier can slot up temporarily and in fact I like Carrier-Staal-Martinook as an absolute pain in the ass 3rd line if Marty can get back to that grinder with offense that'll hit anyone like he was when Svech started here.

The one think I actually like about the thought of a Roslovic-Kuzy-Necas second line is that Roslovic is one of the few players that was available that can come closing to keeping up with Necas's speed. Now will Marty want to stay here if that's his line? dunno.
A lot depends on if Fast’s availability/readiness to start the year. To save money and bring in an extra 2nd + 3rd or whatever I could see Drury out as well as KK. Farabee would be the guy I look at for that 2LW spot.

Svechnikov - Aho - Jarvis
Farabee - Kuzy - Necas
Martinook - Staal - Fast
Carrier - Roslovic - FUS
Lemieux - Jost - Robinson

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
I think we're all going to be presently surprised at how good Walker is defensively.
I’m excited about Walker. I think he’s a great pickup, especially at his price, that’s a good bit of business by ET.

The defense is setup for speed, quick transition and a some run and gun offense which is exciting. Hope RBA and Timmy adapt a bit and use them to their full abilities.

But I still think they’re lacking in that clear the front of the crease, knock you on your ass, lock it down type defenders who seem to excel in the playoffs. It’s going to be an interesting and exciting season for sure.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad