GDT: UFA Frenzy 2024 - We're ALL Gonna Die

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I am curious how do you guys see your starting forward group this year with the current makeup of the team? Trying Kotkaniemi at 2C to start the season again?
I gotta think the current makeup is not what we'll be having for the starting forward group.

Necas is reportedly asking fresh start elsewhere, can't see that doesn't get dealed with soon.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I don't think the Canes will have a 2C this season.. just play 3 defensemen on the 2nd line and see what happens. Scoring goals is overrated anyway.
You don't need centers in 2-3-1.

I would be surprised if we got him over here and he was okay with going to the AHL
Yeah a good KHLer doesn't come over to bus around in AHL, for the salary reasons alone.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Probably because Svech was a more proven player with a higher upside when he signed his contract.
was he?

Andrei's first 3 seasons .287 goals per game rate, a 1.07G /60 and a 2.54 Points per 60
Seth's first 3 seasons .277 goals per game, 1.01 G/60 and a 2.31 points/60

in the playoffs
Andrei had a .76 ppg rate while Jarvis had a .675

that includes Jarvis having to play double the 5v5 minutes with staal in the playoffs that Svech did (142.5 to 74.5) in fairness Andrei did play 829 minutes of 5v5 in his first 3 regular seasons with Staal and Jarvis only 482.

when looking at the cap rising when the contracts are signed and the not so large statistical difference with Jarvis' much better defense, I dont see why Jarvis would sign a lower deal than Svech.

Reactions: cptjeff

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
It's not optimism. It's being pragmatic and not freaking out until we see what the team is like on opening day and expecting that this front office will make changes if it isn't working. I fully expect they won't be as good as they were last year. As I said in an earlier post, I'm excited about this season as it could be they stink, or could be they are fun and exciting to watch or it could be they are good. No sense freaking out about it now. To each, their own.
Oh I was just f***in' with you. I'm agreeing on just about everything that you are saying. However, my pollyanna game says we'll get a scorer in a trade for Necas (unless we keep him and he plays for the next contract as he should).

Where we stand right now leaves us something like:

LWCRW
Line 1SvechnikovAho
Line 2Kuznetsov
Line 3MartinookStaalFast
LIne 4Robinson/LemieuxKotkaniemiCarrier
LHDRHD
1st PairingSlavinBurns
2nd PairingOrlavWalker
3rd PairingGostisbehereChatfield
Goalie 1Kochetkov
Goalie 2Andersen

Necas, Jarvis, and Drury are left to be signed (as is Coghlan).

We've got $14 million in cap left. I'm wondering if we don't see a trade at/after camp as other teams solidify their squads. I mean, I'm a Drury fan, but he could be part of a package with picks, prospects, Necas, or Kotkaniemi (although that takes a lot of center depth away).

Regardless, that team needs 3 respectable scorers.

Reactions: cptjeff

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Oh I was just f***in' with you. I'm agreeing on just about everything that you are saying. However, my pollyanna game says we'll get a scorer in a trade for Necas (unless we keep him and he plays for the next contract as he should).

Where we stand right now leaves us something like:

LWCRW
Line 1SvechnikovAho
Line 2Kuznetsov
Line 3MartinookStaalFast
LIne 4Robinson/LemieuxKotkaniemiCarrier
LHDRHD
1st PairingSlavinBurns
2nd PairingOrlavWalker
3rd PairingGostisbehereChatfield
Goalie 1Kochetkov
Goalie 2Andersen

Necas, Jarvis, and Drury are left to be signed (as is Coghlan).

We've got $14 million in cap left. I'm wondering if we don't see a trade at/after camp as other teams solidify their squads. I mean, I'm a Drury fan, but he could be part of a package with picks, prospects, Necas, or Kotkaniemi (although that takes a lot of center depth away).

Regardless, that team needs 3 respectable scorers.
we have 14.5 million with 12 forwards already signed. If we keep all 3 RFAs, 2 of the current contracts will be dropping. So we really have about 16-16.2 million in space.

when a Necas trade happens, I wouldnt be surprised if we add Roslovic and Vrana/Barabanov to the mix and see who sticks on the roster

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
was he?

Andrei's first 3 seasons .287 goals per game rate, a 1.07G /60 and a 2.54 Points per 60
Seth's first 3 seasons .277 goals per game, 1.01 G/60 and a 2.31 points/60

in the playoffs
Andrei had a .76 ppg rate while Jarvis had a .675

that includes Jarvis having to play double the 5v5 minutes with staal in the playoffs that Svech did (142.5 to 74.5) in fairness Andrei did play 829 minutes of 5v5 in his first 3 regular seasons with Staal and Jarvis only 482.

when looking at the cap rising when the contracts are signed and the not so large statistical difference with Jarvis' much better defense, I dont see why Jarvis would sign a lower deal than Svech.
This site ate my long post twice so I’ll just say, I wouldn’t give Jarvis more than Svech off of a season with s shooting % over 18%.

Should he do a bridge and bet on himself? Maybe. He also may have just had a career year on the goal scoring side.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
The really could use a Nino/Rask 2.0. Rotate that cap from 4C to Top 9 wing.
Potentially. I think the young age of KK and several positive underlyings is what is holding that up. Young players, especially large centers, sometimes can have strange developmental curves. A rebound season would give them significant re-assurances. If he doesn't do that soon, though, I think they could do exactly that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad