GDT: UFA Frenzy 2024 - We're ALL Gonna Die

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I get that too, but Necas is also drawing my ire if I'm reading everything correctly.

He had that one quote where he said he was looking forward to the worlds after being down 0-3 against the Rangers. His Dad and girlfriend have gone to the media to ask out. He has not been committal to the team that owns his rights (often a player will say something like "I'll do anything for the team I'm currently playing for etc etc). He also has asked to play center when he sucks defensively and he can't win faceoffs. And, it looks like he refused to sign with Columbus, a team who can offer him more opportunity.

Like, dude, what do you want? Want to play for a contender? Stay here. Want to get more opportunity? That means the team won't be as good.

The more I hear, the more I'm ready to move on.
Apart from his brief flash of world beating in the middle of the season, I've been ready to move on from Necas for years now. But we have to work to find him a spot he wants to go to because that's how we maximize the return. Don't think we should- or will- start the season with a guy on the roster who so clearly wants out.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Here is an option I’m sure will get me yelled at,

Necas 8 x 8 to the Ducks with Anderson and KK for Gibson 50% retained, Ziegler, and futures/draft picks. That would put the Ducks over the minimum cap requirement

1) Did you mean Zegras?
2) Doesn't Gibson suck right now?
3) Given Necas reportedly refused an extension in CLB, I'm not sure how likely it is he'd agree to 8x8 in Anaheim.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I think Foreman has been known for a bit here, no surprise on the PoHO news though we haven't heard anything about possible candidates.
I dont think its PoHO, i thinks just president of everything (including hockey ops).

But much like the GM title, its meaningless because TD is actually making all the decisions.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
The team that started 15-17-5 and took till the second-to-last game of the season to squeak into a playoff berth?

Can’t imagine why that would feel like a huge step backward.

Counterpoint 1: That same team that had the 2nd best winning % in the NHL from Dec 1st on (60 games) and the best winning % from Jan 1st on (45 games). It took a while for a new team with a new coach to hit their stride.

Counterpoint #2: Scott Darling was still our goalie and had 2 wins in 8 starts.

Counterpoint #3: Nino, who was part of the team that got to the ECF, wasn't there in there during that bad stretch.

Counterpoint #4 (related to 1) : It was an entirely new coaching staff that came onboard in 2018 with a new system and a ton of new players: Ferland, Hamilton, Svechnikov, Martinook, Wallmark, Foegele, de Hann, Mckegg, Maenalanen, Nino, Mrazek, McElhinney.

So far this year we have: Walker, Gostisbehere (who was here before though so not completely new), Robinson, and Carrier and probably 2 rookies as new players (depending on Necas situation). That's half as much turn-over as 18-19.

I fully anticipate there will be a step back this year, not arguing that, just that there are a lot of factors that are significantly different than the start of the 18-19 season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad