GDT: UFA Frenzy 2024 - We're ALL Gonna Die

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cormag001

Feb 9, 2019
So, correct me if I am wrong, but as of this moment:

Svech / Aho / Jarvis*
Carrier(yikes?) / Kuzy / Necas*
Martinook / Staal / Fast
Nadeau / Kotkaniemi / Blake / Lemieux

Slavin / Burns
Orlov / Chatfield
Morrow / Coghlan*

Pyotr / Freddie

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Why bring martinook back then so we’ve got a first line a third line and part of a 4th line

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
So, correct me if I am wrong, but as of this moment:

Svech / Aho / Jarvis*
??? / Kuzy / Necas*
Martinook / Staal / Fast
Nadeau / Kotkaniemi / Blake / Lemieux

Slavin / Burns
Orlov / Chatfield
Morrow / Coghlan*

Pyotr / Freddie
Not good

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
We're spending to the cap by putting $25M into our bottom 6. In a vacuum I don't mind the Carrier signing, but we have so many bottom 6 guys they're bleeding into our top 6, which f***ing hell f*** if we're doing that.

Any other 3rd/4th liners we can blow a few million on?

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
We're spending to the cap by putting $25M into our bottom 6. In a vacuum I don't mind the Carrier signing, but we have so many bottom 6 guys they're bleeding into our top 6, which f***ing hell f*** if we're doing that.

Any other 3rd/4th liners we can blow a few million on?
Carrier or martinook pick one aho

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I mean it's definitely obvious that we're trying to get more difficult to play against with that Carrier signing.

Now I REALLY wouldn't be surprised to see Hakaanpa signed if this is the direction we're going.

Reactions: geehaad

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Of the guys signed today, if you would transfer their contract to Carolina, who would you have pulled the trigger on?
None. Can I use it to bail on Martinook's deal?

I think those kinds of "glue guys" with intangibles are precisely where a team like Carolina needs to execute salary discipline and squeeze cap. This feels like an "Oh sh!t" where we paid market rate to keep a fan favorite we should have looked to replace more cheaply. Finding guys like Martinook in the value bin is the right way to exploit inefficiencies.

Now...turn around and move Necas for a 2025 1st and a couple of specs pacing to be ready by 2026 at the latest. Build the future. Don't waste assets and resources to salvage 2024-25.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I mean it's definitely obvious that we're trying to get more difficult to play against with that Carrier signing.

Now I REALLY wouldn't be surprised to see Hakaanpa signed if this is the direction we're going.
dude was kind of a dud with us though wasn't he? I don't remember him being nearly as physical as advertised

whiskers

Aug 2, 2018
we might end up having a lot of cap space at the trade deadline :DD

servers are slow , too many people on
download.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: WreckingCrew

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
dude was kind of a dud with us though wasn't he? I don't remember him being nearly as physical as advertised
Defensemen usually take a while to gel with our system. He should have worked here, but was a deadline rental and wasn't given the time to ease in. I'd be ok bringing him back to allow that time to grow into the role.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I think I used to play Magic the Gathering against GMET, where my play was a white deck that its only purpose was to make the other person quit, now he will do that with this Canes team, demoralize the other teams into just not wanting to play us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad