GDT: UFA Frenzy 2024 - We're ALL Gonna Die

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cormag001

Feb 9, 2019
Of the guys signed today, if you would transfer their contract to Carolina, who would you have pulled the trigger on?

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
I'm done. f*** this org. Worst blown off-season in a decade or more .

Meanwhile we give martinook 3x3
Hell yeah, can’t say it’s been nice having to read the constant bitching and whining and i’m sure everyone else agrees. No re-entry allowed once you’ve left the venue, don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I think the Marty signing is worth it. He's a heart and soul guy. He scores decently in the playoffs and decently well for no PP time. Moreover, he's the quintessential team-first player. Both on the ice and off it. $3M really isn't bad for all that he brings to the table. It's $3M from an $88M cap, so 3.4%.

It's hard not to want to panic as a fan at this point, but we did the same thing when we let go of Trocheck and Hamilton. The front office has a track record of finding a way. We do have to be patient. As hard as it is now to swallow, there is a lot of track record of many guys on their 3rd or 4th contract not playing it out as they did before, whether due to an aging body or not feeling the need to give 100%.

I don't think we'll win the metro next year but I'd be surprised if we fall out of the playoffs entirely.
In a vacuum I think the contract is fine...when you're already paying Staal $3M and coming up short on money for top 6 players, not so fine

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
FxzgXc6X0AAoynz.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad