GDT: UFA Frenzy 2024 - We're ALL Gonna Die

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
So as of now our second line is what kk kuzy necas?
yeah as of right now, or Nadeau/FUS in for KK I guess?

I'm holding out hope for Duclair and Fogele, but that's still a very underwhelming lineup even if Kuzy bounces back to his form prior to last year.

Svech - Aho - Jarvis/Necas
Duclair - Kuzy - Jarvis/Necas
Foegele - Staal - Fast
Robinson/Lemieux - Drury - rookie

Reactions: Stickpucker

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Unless we're willing to throw $10M to Stamkos for 1-2 years we're gonna end up with f***-all today. This is why free agency is my least favorite time to be a Canes fan, we're just never going to draw generally (Orlov and Bunting literally the only 2 exceptions I can think of) without having to do a massive overpay, and we aren't going to massive overpay (rightly so) because it f***s with the cap situation. Then we're stuck with the scraps and creative trades to try and get a roster together and wonder why we can't score, our PP sucks, we have no "heaviness" to our team, and we sputter come playoff time.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
oof just listened to the Adam Gold podcast from last night and the man absolutely lit into Tom Dundon and his negotiating style, outright saying it cost us Guentzel, and would have cost us Aho had we not had final leverage, and probably would have cost us Brindy had it been any other coach.

Not great to hear by the guy who is the host of every pre and post game on the flagship radio network of the team.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
oof just listened to the Adam Gold podcast from last night and the man absolutely lit into Tom Dundon and his negotiating style, outright saying it cost us Guentzel, and would have cost us Aho had we not had final leverage, and probably would have cost us Brindy had it been any other coach.

Not great to hear by the guy who is the host of every pre and post game on the flagship radio network of the team.
The dude doesn’t know what happened

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015

Guy is also off basis majority of the time. I take his hot takes with a grain of salt.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA

Yeah I mean I think him and Dundon are friends too so that’s quite the callout - Gold’s not happy.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
pinto and chychrun may be avaliable.

Kane may be the cap dump, which is fine

smith is a cap dump and excellent replacement for Turbo
Pinto is another 3C for us?!?!?! Chych I'd pass on, sounds like he's TDA levels bad at defense these days and I don't think his offense makes up for it.

I'd probably take Evander Kane, he can at least score goals and hit people

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State

It was a bit surprising for someone close to the org. to open the kimono to such a degree.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Pinto is another 3C for us?!?!?! Chych I'd pass on, sounds like he's TDA levels bad at defense these days and I don't think his offense makes up for it.

I'd probably take Evander Kane, he can at least score goals and hit people
pinot isnt a 3C.

chychrun's defense isnt nearly TDA player, much better defensively

Reactions: Unsustainable

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Shane Pinto shaking loose would be a very nice surprise. Fits the profile of who we should be targeting for a long-term 2C.

Otherwise, hope we focus on the second wave of free agency and pick up a few guys on 1 to 2 year deals. Always thought of this year as year 0 for setting up the next competitive window, keeping long-term cap flexibility while others go wild this summer will pay dividends.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

Matches to what I heard regarding Brindamour and what I assumed happened with Jake

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Guys, nothing is going to take the sting out of losing our guys which has been the obvious conclusion for today for a long time. Be glad we don’t over react and sign some mid-30’s guy too much money to feel like we belong. This was going to be a reset. This is what a reset feels like when it starts. We’re going to have players.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Shane Pinto shaking loose would be a very nice surprise. Fits the profile of who we should be targeting for a long-term 2C.

Otherwise, hope we focus on the second wave of free agency and pick up a few guys on 1 to 2 year deals. Always thought of this year as year 0 for setting up the next competitive window, keeping long-term cap flexibility while others go wild this summer will pay dividends.
I would take Pinto as our 2c, or if something could happen and get Shane Wright.

A trade around Necas for Pinto would be awesome at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad