GDT: UFA Frenzy 2024 - We're ALL Gonna Die

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
What I'm sort of worried about is the Canes FO panicking and way outbidding for a couple of players because a bunch chose to leave. That can sometimes happen in free agency.

IDK they would probably die on their sword before panicking and overpaying (longterm) for a FA.

I could see them overpaying in the short term like Orlov again.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
we are getting played left and right

Settled with Guntzel for 64m and heavy bonus for him to take about he same money in TamperingBay
After taxes it's $3M ( more considering the possibility of him getting another contract in year 8) than what he would have gotten here over the life of the contract.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
But its more or less what he signed for with an extra year 500k a year.
If I am interpreting cap friendly correctly, Pesce takes a big hit playing in NJ.....NC would have been much higher (presuming he got the same offer which of course didn't happen):

1719844388655.png

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
If I am interpreting cap friendly correctly, Pesce takes a big hit playing in NJ.....NC would have been much higher (presuming he got the same offer which of course didn't happen):

View attachment 890532
would depend on the bonus structure. If NJ is giving him a contract that's almost entirely SB and ours was base salary the jock tax bullshit would negate that and then some.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Ok, you don't like the guy's negative posts but this is the 2nd time you've lol'd his stuff. That's not cool.

Some of your stuff is off the shelf Canes positive and then often negative on others posts. Come back with a reasoned answer versus being a keyboard warrior mocking someone.
cry

i laugh at his outrageous takes if i want to

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad