UEFA Nations League 2025

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I liked our front 4 a lot. Would start them with Beier/Füllkrug as jokers up front and some combination of Führich / Sane / Brandt / Gruda / Wanner to provide depth for the creative band.

Less thrilled with our double pivot. Hopefully Pavlovic-Stiller can take over by the WM because I just don't think Groß provides enough to start over either of them. Can's speed may have also helped over Andrich today.

Tah did Tah things, I suspect last season was more of a one-off than the light coming on for the big fella. With Rüdi (or Chabot!) next to Nico instead, I'd feel a lot more secure. Especially since Tah is also the slowest CB we've played in ages...other than the ghost of Mats Hummels...

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I liked our front 4 a lot. Would start them with Beier/Füllkrug as jokers up front and some combination of Führich / Sane / Brandt / Gruda / Wanner to provide depth for the creative band.
You need to keep starting Undav

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
I think they need to continue with the 3-5-2.
They don’t have the pure no.9 to play up top on his own. Krama needs a partner, and other than Pjaca, they don’t have any pure wingers anymore for the 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.
This formation does give them Sosa in his best position, with perisic to back him up. Juranovic when healthy or Pjaca for a more attacking option on R side. Pick your blend of 3 CM’s they have a plethora of (Pasalic, sucic x2, Kova, Modric). Gvardiol on the left of back 3, ideally Sutalo in middle and Stanisic on R.

Yes I was worried about 3atb because Croatia usually looked awful when Dalic played in the past but at the moment it’s probably the best formation. If Matanovic develops at Frankfurt we might be cooking again, though I’m still slightly concerned about the upcoming qualifying because Dalic will be stubborn with his player selection

mfilipo3

Jan 13, 2017
Yes I was worried about 3atb because Croatia usually looked awful when Dalic played in the past but at the moment it’s probably the best formation. If Matanovic develops at Frankfurt we might be cooking again, though I’m still slightly concerned about the upcoming qualifying because Dalic will be stubborn with his player selection
He’s holding onto the old guard as long as he can. Only if they retire from NT does he order stop using them lol
I think we are in for a few painful years ahead. We really need Matanovic to develop. Beljo, Simic have really stalled in their development, we all were hoping they could be the next no 9 we desperately need

He’s holding onto the old guard as long as he can. Only if they retire from NT does he order stop using them lol
I think we are in for a few painful years ahead. We really need Matanovic to develop. Beljo, Simic have really stalled in their development, we all were hoping they could be the next no 9 we desperately no

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You need to keep starting Undav

Thinking about it more, I do wonder if we might not need to add a 4-3-3 to our repetoire to compensate when our midfield would get run over. Maybe Pavlovic taking over for Groß is enough for our double pivot to slice through top teams, but if not, I would be curious to see how we looked playing some iteration of:

Wirtz - Havertz/Undav - Musiala
Pavlovic - Stiller/Groß
Andrich/Can​

That was just a gorgeous pass. If Jamal hadn't hauled ass like he did that would've been your second goal right there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad