U18: U18 WJC 2019 Sweden roster talk

AuVetShkine

Aug 2, 2018
No. Can't add anyone to the roster after the tournament has started. Even if there are injuries.

Wrong. USA added 2 players after the
Tournament started.

Pretty sure there is a deadline for adding players and providing a final roster and that this deadline has passed but perhaps I'm wrong saying the deadline is the start of the tournament.
Who did the USA add and when? Pretty early?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Teams can add players if they haven't registered a full roster. I don't think there is a deadline. You can't replace injured players who have already been registered though. Swedish roster is full, no changes can be made.

Reactions: Vesperia

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
If in am havelid i would double shift Henriksson during 5 vs 5 and rest him when we have PP.

Use zion nybeck on first PP instead.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Pretty sure there is a deadline for adding players and providing a final roster and that this deadline has passed but perhaps I'm wrong saying the deadline is the start of the tournament.
Who did the USA add and when? Pretty early?

We added Zegras and Brink for the third game, but we were playing with 11 forwards the first two games.

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
Wonder if we can see an underage line in the WJC in December if Holtz-(Gunler, the redemption?)-Raymond performing like Laine-Aho-Puljujärvi in 2015-16 :)

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Wonder if we can see an underage line in the WJC in December if Holtz-(Gunler, the redemption?)-Raymond performing like Laine-Aho-Puljujärvi in 2015-16 :)
Holtz or Raymond would be the C, Gunler's two-way game is his biggest weakness. Also, Aho was already drafted by then so would be even crazier if the 3 formed a super-line to rival it.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
With all respect. These swedish guys are really great talents but not on the same level as those Finnish players then. Raymond yes, Holtz and Gunler seem promising but not on that level, yet. That can change though.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Does anyone know who the crazy speaker was? :) For sure not a local of Örnsköldsvik.
I never knew there was like 500 "R:s" in Raymond :)

Last edited:

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
Holtz or Raymond would be the C, Gunler's two-way game is his biggest weakness. Also, Aho was already drafted by then so would be even crazier if the 3 formed a super-line to rival it.

Aho was in his U19 season though, so it could be the same. You can swap Gunler for an early 2001 born like Grewe as well.

With all respect. These swedish guys are really great talents but not on the same level as those Finnish players then. Raymond yes, Holtz and Gunler seem promising but not on that level, yet. That can change though.

Aho was a second round pick though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad