Player Discussion Tyler Randell

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
whenever we play vancouver I want this line deployed against the sedins and eriksson as much as possible.

Belseky-Backes-Randell

just hammer them into the ground.

the other lines would be

marchand-bergy-spooner
vatrano-krecji-pasta

rinaldo(i guess)-nash-hayes

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I'm not sure I understand why the question of Randell's use to the team has (apparently) come down to his goal scoring sustainability??? He's a fourth liner.

Was Thorty a true and blue goal scorer? No.
Was Campell? No. Was Paille? Hell no.

And YET, at their peaks, put together on the same line, they COULD do EVERYTHING else required of them to really be effective. They could be reliable defensively, and they could also put on a mean, nasty forecheck that wore out other teams. Randell's SKATING is the real issue here, not his goal scoring. The goals last year were just a nice touch of icing, if you ask me.

This guy absolutely has the potential if he works on the skating. I don't understand this whole BS about the fourth line these days needing to be a 'SCORING LINE' instead of what it should be: An energy line that wears the other team down.

I don't think anyone is confusing Randell with Marchand or Vatrano, but for God's sake, quit using his ****ing shooting percentage as an excuse to why he shouldn't be able to stick with this team. That's not the real issue here.

The point is I think he can do all that and chip in offensively if he improves his skating. It doesn't have to be one or the other. All issues regarding Randell come back to his skating, if he doesn't fix that he's not a regular NHL player.

As for the me pointing out his shooting percentage. The question posed was if Randell was any worse offensively or defensively than Hayes" That makes it relevant to the topic.

Don Cherry*

I was more referring to Pia than you, honestly. You and I agree on this guy; I want him full time on the team.

I do too. It's too bad that Claude will give his spot to this years version of Talbot, Kempainen, Ferraro, etc.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
Skating is the only thing holding him back. If he can get up to speed literally then he has a future. If he can't he will be in the AHL soon enough. I hope he does I like him as a player.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins bruiser Tyler Randell looks to make more of his game

If you forgot that Tyler Randell is still a member of the Bruins, you can be forgiven. Not only did his July 1 re-signing go unnoticed when David Backes signed with the B’s on the same day, Randell’s traditional role of pugilist is moving toward extinction.

But the 25-year-old right winger is doing whatever he can to prevent himself from going the way of the stand-up goalie and wooden stick. There may still be a need to have a player who can handle himself in a fight, but he’ll need more tools in the box to survive. And Randell showed signs last year that he could be the kind of hybrid bruiser who still has a place in today’s NHL.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/..._tyler_randell_looks_to_make_more_of_his_game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad