Tyler Myers owns the Leafs

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
oh mysies

there were several really surprisingly good plays in the first where he calmly used his reach to break up the rush like a normal nhl dman and i was like, he looks good tonight. then he checked jarnkrok over the boards and i was like, alright let’s do this.

then he is -3 in the second as the game goes from 3-0 to 3-3.

yop, myers being myers

but it was nice to see him pushing people around at the end of the game like he easily could do always

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
oh mysies

there were several really surprisingly good plays in the first where he calmly used his reach to break up the rush like a normal nhl dman and i was like, he looks good tonight. then he checked jarnkrok over the boards and i was like, alright let’s do this.

then he is -3 in the second as the game goes from 3-0 to 3-3.

yop, myers being myers

but it was nice to see him pushing people around at the end of the game like he easily could do always

It’s the Buffalo in him. Spend a season that snowy, it changes you, seeps into yer bones and blood! You see it now in Tage, in Tuch, nothing good can last and all is cursed once it spends too much time in the lands of Buffalo. Some say it’s the curse of Hasek, some say the very earth hates the owner himself, but all that comes from there comes out not right and never the same.

This message brought to you by the tourism board of Buffalo. Buffalo: It’s here!

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
It’s the Buffalo in him. Spend a season that snowy, it changes you, seeps into yer bones and blood! You see it now in Tage, in Tuch, nothing good can last and all is cursed once it spends too much time in the lands of Buffalo.

i spent five years of my twenties in western new york

hard relate

and now that you mention is, i also now see where him stepping up physically against toronto comes from—stick it to those pansies who complain about the weather but don’t have any idea what lake effect is haha

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I really do love the place, but ya, it’s a difficult love, and our sports really are cursed

true, i adopted the sabres as my second team and watched the best team in the league lose kalinin, then numminen, then immediately after tallinder playing bonkers conn smythe hockey goes down, and in the end mckee needed to have his leg amputated or something and rory fitzpatrick is playing 25 minutes a game in the third round because the other three guys are even worse

sigh

• Haha
Reactions: TheDawnOfANewTage

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
He's always a ghost against the Oilers because he knows Darnell would beat the wheels off him.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
He's always a ghost against the Oilers because he knows Darnell would beat the wheels off him.
Fear Darnell Nurse? The very same Darnell Nurse that lil Bo Horvat ragdolled?? Bahahahahahahahaha :laugh:

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
Myers is so strange. Ignoring this thread as an obvious troll, he can be dominant physically and hit like a truck. He'll have one off games where he's a menace and uses his size so effectively. And then he's soft again or 20 games. Like someone on the Nucks needs to figure out what makes this man so angry on those days, and ensure they get him that angry before every game.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Not hard to own the Leafs, franchises have been doing it for decades…

D Wakaluk

Dec 8, 2010
stuck in the '90s
"in goblin mode" :biglaugh:

His hockey IQ was on goblin level aswell, but he was pummeling guys left and right. Actually felt a little bad for the leafs because they don't know how to answer to a game like that

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Myers is so strange. Ignoring this thread as an obvious troll, he can be dominant physically and hit like a truck. He'll have one off games where he's a menace and uses his size so effectively. And then he's soft again or 20 games. Like someone on the Nucks needs to figure out what makes this man so angry on those days, and ensure they get him that angry before every game.

He's basically a worse version of Edler. Edler would throw massive hits every once in a while and you would want him playing like that every game but then he'd just be passive the next 20. But unlike Myers, in those 20 games, he wasn't a liability.

Reactions: ratbid

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Finally, someone who sees through the window dressing and realizes this event is really about how the Canucks are inferior to the Oilers in some ill-defined, unfalsifiable way

Reactions: M2Beezy

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Finally, someone who sees through the window dressing and realizes this event is really about how the Canucks are inferior to the Oilers in some ill-defined, unfalsifiable way
We all know Myers is a wuss. 🤣

He's absent in any game where the other team has a physical presence.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
My favourite part of this is having Vancouver fans just highlight a cheap-shot.

Poetic.

At least this one was called, while various others that were the same were not.

The 2 minute penalty for the cross-check that left Bertuzzi with a split lip for about 10 minutes was extra good.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
My favourite part of this is having Vancouver fans just highlight a cheap-shot.

Poetic.

At least this one was called, while various others that were the same were not.

The 2 minute penalty for the cross-check that left Bertuzzi with a split lip for about 10 minutes was extra good.

What do you expect from fans who torched their city in 2011?

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
This is the potential Tyler Myers had but never met. One of the softest big guys in the league, would have had a totally different career if he was a bit more physical and played a bit meaner

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
And didnt do f*** all to contribute to that win.

If a good hit and -3 is owning? Yikes HF
As an unofficial representative of HFBoards I am reminding you that HF has confirmed +/- is the most misleading stat in sports. FACT

• Haha
Reactions: Sniper99

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00