Tye McGinn

DLJB

Sep 28, 2010
Am I the only one who likes what he sees in this guy? I thought he played with grit and heart las night against the Rangers. Seems like he's got all the makings to be a true Flyer. Thoughts?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Love seeing the young guys out there trying to make a name for themselves. I wish they would get rid of Shelley and could have brought up someone else to play too last night. Maybe Akeson or somone.

CootaRoo

Oct 18, 2012
He has forechecked hard and played with jump in his step both games he's been here. I definitely would prefer to see him continue to dress even after Knuble comes over and Briere/Schenn comes back. Maybe his play makes it an easier decision to not waste Laughton's first year on his ELC? I'd like that.

FlyersFanz

aut viam inveniam au
Jan 26, 2010
BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
Don't know much about McGinn but last nights game he was playing very well and has a lot of grit to his game. I like a guy who will go to the net and be in the goalies face, hope his skills get better and he can put some pucks in the net as well.

FlyersFanz

aut viam inveniam au
Jan 26, 2010
BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
I don't think any of us are going to forget that shift. After that happened i knew we were going to win that game.

Best PK kill I have seen in a while, funny I was making fun of the Flyers PK before the 5 on 3, it sure shut me up afterward. Couts is developing into a great 2 way forward especially his defensive play. Coburn's play is definitely better this year, he seems to have a jump in his game and is shooting at the net a lot more. I believe the game last night was exactly what the Flyers needed to get back in the standings and start playing more smoothly and their aggressive play is what wins them games.

G Money

Oct 15, 2011
Sudbury
Best PK kill I have seen in a while, funny I was making fun of the Flyers PK before the 5 on 3, it sure shut me up afterward. Couts is developing into a great 2 way forward especially his defensive play. Coburn's play is definitely better this year, he seems to have a jump in his game and is shooting at the net a lot more. I believe the game last night was exactly what the Flyers needed to get back in the standings and start playing more smoothly and their aggressive play is what wins them games.

I agree about coburn however is it just me or does he take the stupidest penalties ever ? It's like someone tell us we have to keep PIM up every year.

CootaRoo

Oct 18, 2012
I agree about coburn however is it just me or does he take the stupidest penalties ever ? It's like someone tell us we have to keep PIM up every year.

He has been worse than usual so far this season. Maybe Pronger got into his ear a bit too much during 'training camp' about being more physical. Schenn might be smart enough to pull off some Pronger physics, but Brayden has always been 9 cents short of a nickel.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
looked OK last night, i thought. he's not exactly michael grabner, but he's not jody shelley either. could use work on his skating. his shot isn't anything to write home about. He could become an ok 3rd liner if he can become more poised with the puck. but he seems to be a hard worker, and willing to do the gritty things that will keep him at the NHL level in a bottom 6 role. don't mind him.

i honestly like him and sestet more than rinaldo though.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Liked what I saw, but need more time for analysis. Even Jody Shelley looked great against a tired Rangers team. That's not a knock on Shelley. I was rooting for him and loved the game he played. Let's give McGinn ten games minimum before making big claims about him. Rooting for him though!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad