News Article: TV Schedule Released

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Unless comcast gets a clue sometime soon the schedule is as follows...

Game night: to be shown on some seedy corner of the internet, hopefully

I just cant justify paying for 260+ channels to watch one for a few hours twice a week 4-5 months of the year.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Unless comcast gets a clue sometime soon the schedule is as follows...

Game night: to be shown on some seedy corner of the internet, hopefully

I just cant justify paying for 260+ channels to watch one for a few hours twice a week 4-5 months of the year.

im with you.
i am very close to cancelling my direct tv and internet.
that would save me $160 a month.

i pretty much only watch hockey,
and i cant remember the last time i used my computer instead of my smartphone.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
just call and threaten to cancel. they'll cut your bill in half and give you sunday ticket for free if you are a good customer. They also gave me the genie for free.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Yep, as soon as you spout out the word DirecTV they get on their knees.

For a 6 month promotion and then your bill, unannounced, creeps back up.

For the base cable that includes NESN (the Digital Preferred/non-promotional) it's $87.90, to bundle it with my blast plus home internet $109.99... since I'm on a promo for the Performance net that's an additional $60.99 per month to watch the Bruins :help:

Add to that I work weekends and miss most of the matinees and I also work a mid shift that I loose the first period of weekday games.

So 61$ a month to watch 65% of a season?

Now if I pay for a decent VPN that shows I live somewhere that none of the Broadcasts will be preempted like CostaRica and get NHL Center ICE?

Edit: You can also register a prepaid Mastercard with a faux address to match said VPN :naughty:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
im with you.
i am very close to cancelling my direct tv and internet.
that would save me $160 a month.

i pretty much only watch hockey,
and i cant remember the last time i used my computer instead of my smartphone.

Me too! With game center, mlb TV, Netflix, crackle, and using my mom's bell live TV app which gets me access to the movie network. Who really needs to pay for cable?

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
For a 6 month promotion and then your bill, unannounced, creeps back up.

For the base cable that includes NESN (the Digital Preferred/non-promotional) it's $87.90, to bundle it with my blast plus home internet $109.99... since I'm on a promo for the Performance net that's Ian additional $60.99 per month to watch the Bruins :help:

Add to that I work weekends and miss most of the matinees and I also work a mid shift that I loose the first period of weekday games.

So 61$ a month to watch 65% of a season?

Now if I pay for a decent VPN that shows I live somewhere that none of the Broadcasts will be preempted like CostaRica and get NHL Center ICE?

Edit: You can also register a prepaid Mastercard with a faux address to match said VPN :naughty:

haggle better. I was paying directv $120 a month. Threatened to leave abd they locked me in for 2 full years at $55 a month after all fees and taxes. And they gave me sunday ticket max, genie and 10 or so additional channels for free.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
haggle better. I was paying directv $120 a month. Threatened to leave abd they locked me in for 2 full years at $55 a month after all fees and taxes. And they gave me sunday ticket max, genie and 10 or so additional channels for free.

i watch like 5 channels. nesn and nhl network are 2 of them. And thats mainly in the winter.
and you need one of the more expensive packages now just to get nhl network.
how did you pull that deal off??

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I'm with Comcast, HD digital basic with HBO and 3 HD anywhere boxes. It was 130 with internet and phone, after taxes for a year, just jumped up to almost 170 this month. Time to call and get back to that 130, which I thought was fair.

Long as I get Versus and NESN, I'm fine.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
i watch like 5 channels. nesn and nhl network are 2 of them. And thats mainly in the winter.
and you need one of the more expensive packages now just to get nhl network.
how did you pull that deal off??

told them I was going to verizon....which I was prepared to do. Said no to first offer, he put me on hold to "talk to a supervisor" and he came back with that offer. Half hour of my time on a rainy day and saved myself about $2000 over 2 years.

He said my 15 year history with them of on time payments helped.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
told them I was going to verizon....which I was prepared to do. Said no to first offer, he put me on hold to "talk to a supervisor" and he came back with that offer. Half hour of my time on a rainy day and saved myself about $2000 over 2 years.

He said my 15 year history with them of on time payments helped.

nice.
they know they have me by the balls, because there is no cable where i live.
i could say im switching to dish network. But i have no clue if dish network is any good.

is i possible to keep everything, and just have them shut service off from like june-October???

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
I'm with Comcast, HD digital basic with HBO and 3 HD anywhere boxes. It was 130 with internet and phone, after taxes for a year, just jumped up to almost 170 this month. Time to call and get back to that 130, which I thought was fair.

Long as I get Versus and NESN, I'm fine.

That's just it, NESN is only available with the 240+ lineup, the 130$ was promotional ... dont be surprised if they let you go to Direct TV. There's an amount of quality some will miss enough, I suspect you're in that demographic.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
That's just it, NESN is only available with the 240+ lineup, the 130$ was promotional ... dont be surprised if they let you go to Direct TV. There's an amount of quality some will miss enough, I suspect you're in that demographic.

The thing is, we've had some serious service issues over the first year of the Comcast deal, that allowed us a year of all the premium movie channels, and the full premium sports packages all on the house. They credited my account twice for late appointments, and waived all the installation from the get go too. So I know they are willing to bend at least.

Plus, Verizon is in the neighborhood now offering Fios. I just need to confirm that so I'm not making empty threats to the Comcast folks.

I don't really care what channel the Bruins are shown on...provided I can watch it :)

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Been meaning to call Comcrap to haggle, but my landlord is pretty iffy on letting my have direct tv or dish so if I threaten to cancel, I obviously can't follow through with it.

Right now I'm paying around $180 a month for cable and internet.

81ragnaH

May 29, 2007
Lynn, MA
No Black Friday matinee for the first time since 1990. Been pissed about this since the schedule was released (7PM start for us, NYR vs PHI for the matinee on NBC). Really thought NBC would adopt us for the annual post-Thanksgiving game matinee, just like the Cowboys and Lions are always on Thanksgiving Day on Fox and CBS.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: