TV-Pucken 2013

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Ångermanland will be a tough team to beat this year. Tim Wahlgren is so incredibly dominant, Thilander in Västerbotten is also living up to the hype so far.

Ångermanland is good but they're not impossible to beat. Both Västerbotten and Norrbotten beat Ångermanland 3 weeks ago. These three teams are very close, in terms of capacity. Had they not changed the format this year so that all the northern teams play in the same group, I am convinced all three of these teams would have made it to playoffs.

Moverare(Västerbotten) is btw just as good as Thilander, if not better, IMO. And one can also add Kim Johansson (Norrbotten) to this group of very promising d-men of this age class.

Last edited:

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Tim Wahlgren is just incredible, he could win a game on his own. 11 points in 3 games!

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Ångermanland is good but they're not impossible to beat. Both Västerbotten and Norrbotten beat Ångermanland 3 weeks ago. These three teams are very close, in terms of capacity. Had they not changed the format this year so that all the northern teams play in the same group, I am convinced all three of these teams would have made it to playoffs.

Moverare(Västerbotten) is btw just as good as Thilander, if not better, IMO. And one can also add Kim Johansson (Norrbotten) to this group of very promising d-men of this age class.
I've seen several people state that Jacob Moverare is as good as Adam Thilander? According to elite prospects he hasn't scored a goal in any division listed. I realize stats don't tell the whole story but could u maybe explain a little bit. Also how has Edgar Trejs looked so far?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I've seen several people state that Jacob Moverare is as good as Adam Thilander? According to elite prospects he hasn't scored a goal in any division listed. I realize stats don't tell the whole story but could u maybe explain a little bit. Also how has Edgar Trejs looked so far?

Moverare played 15 games in J18 Allsvenskan as a 14 year old, that is pretty impressive itself. Treijs didn't look as good as I had expected, I only watched parts of one game though.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik

Well, first off there's not much stats at all available on him, for instance at Eliteprospects, and he's mostly been playing against/with much older players. He did btw score in the TV-pucken tournament today, the stats at Eliteprospects hasnt been updated though.
Thus far in (the ongoing) TV-pucken tournament
Thilander: 3-2-3-5
Moverare: 3-1-2-3
Three weeks ago, in Norrcupen tournament
Thilander: 5-1-2-3
Moverare: 5-0-2-2

So yes, Thilander has scored more, as of lately, when they've been on the same team, and maybe Thilander has an edge offensively. I saw them both in two games in Norrcupen and I thought Moverare was a little more reliable in the own zone. They were both impressive, but since Moverare didnt make a single mistake in the own zone and Thilander got out of position a few times, I was slightly more excited about Moverare. Of course, two games (both games being only 2x20min) is a small sample, but still, it is sample of firsthand observations. I assume it wont take that overly long time until other people also will add their own firsthand observations and we'll see what the general opinion will turn out to be.

novon04

Dec 21, 2011
Jeez.. 16 points in 4 games for Filip Forsmark. Has anyone seen him play?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
7(!) more points by Forsmark today. 16 points in 4 games, that's pretty crazy. Stockholm Nord is not good this year.

Edit: Beaten to it. Gotta catch a Västergötland game.

Last edited:

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Small, white numbers on a bright yellow jersey. Brilliant move Västergötland. :facepalm:

Edit: Forsmark 1+2 so far against Gotland, but still. Västergötland leads 3-0 and will likely qualify for the quarterfinals unless Gotland pulls of another miracle on ice

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
It's getting ridiculous, he needs a couple of more points to break the all-time scoring record (according to eliteprospects) in only 5 games. I feel really bad for the Gotland players.

Last edited:

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
It's getting ridiculous, he needs a couple of more points to break the all-time scoring record (according to eliteprospects) in only 5 games. I feel really bad for the Gotland players.

EP only have TV-pucken stats as far back as stats.swehockey.se, so 99/00. I'm sure there must've been a few dozen more dominant performances prior to that.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik

The Jämtland players are having a tough time too. Didnt score at all in the first four games. But now I see that they've managed to chip in a puck in the last game.

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010

He has not been dominating the games but he has stood out with his stickhandling and vision, mostly in powerplay where he has been great. I think he tried to do to much on his own in the first couple of games but has been using his teammates better lately. There's no real punching bag in group A and I guess that affects his points totals compared to players in the other groups.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
He has not been dominating the games but he has stood out with his stickhandling and vision, mostly in powerplay where he has been great. I think he tried to do to much on his own in the first couple of games but has been using his teammates better lately. There's no real punching bag in group A and I guess that affects his points totals compared to players in the other groups.

His second goal against Södermanland today was pretty dirty.

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Who is your favourite player to win the MVP? I'd go with Tim Wahlgren, i think. 17 points in 5 games in probably the strongest group of all is crazy good. He's also the captain of Ã…ngermanland and takes responsibility in all zones, and shows a good two-way game. Will be interesting to see how far Wahlgren can take his team in the playoffs!

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
Who is your favourite player to win the MVP? I'd go with Tim Wahlgren, i think. 17 points in 5 games in probably the strongest group of all is crazy good. He's also the captain of Ã…ngermanland and takes responsibility in all zones, and shows a good two-way game. Will be interesting to see how far Wahlgren can take his team in the playoffs!

Not that it matters that much but I would say group A is a bit stronger than C. Top 3 teams are equally good but Stockholm nord would do more damage than Uppland plus Södermanland and Västmanland are stronger than Hälsingland and Jämtland/Härjedalen in my opinion.

With that said Wahlgren and Forsmark looks like the two natural contenders for MVP and the one of them putting up the best performance in the playoffs is likely the one who wins it.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Not that it matters that much but I would say group A is a bit stronger than C. Top 3 teams are equally good but Stockholm nord would do more damage than Uppland plus Södermanland and Västmanland are stronger than Hälsingland and Jämtland/Härjedalen in my opinion.

With that said Wahlgren and Forsmark looks like the two natural contenders for MVP and the one of them putting up the best performance in the playoffs is likely the one who wins it.

Yeah, probably one of them. Both were involved in basically all of the goals their team scored.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad