OT: TV & Movie thread: Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Need to go see Beetlejuice 2, 100+ million dollars at the box office this weekend, People still love it.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Been watching the original Magnum PI from episode 1. I don't know if its the red Ferrari or cool theme song (it started late in 1st season) but I just think its a cool show.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
For those who enjoyed Get Shorty and other movies / series that have Elmore Leonard’s writing feel - you should check out Bad Monkey on Apple+

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Snowtown – I would not recommend watching this movie. I honestly don’t know how to rate good movies that are this awful to watch. 2.5/5

Alien: Romulus — Unsurprisingly stupid. First act was actually quite solid; downhill from there. 1.5/5

Twisters — Pretty much what you’d expect but I thought the female lead actually did a really nice job. 2.5/5

Last edited:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Beetlejuice was fun as hell, the Burton physical effects make the movie.
I adore Winona Ryder (and Beetlejuice,) but this is truly the age of reboots/remakes.

The schadenfreude over The Crow getting ripped apart is pretty good though. How dare anyone attempt remaking that movie.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Okay I blew threw all 8 seasons of Dexter. When I initially watched, I binged seasons 1-4 then I caught seasons 5-8 live, meaning I had to watch one per week. Dexter is definitely a show that is better when you can watch multiple episodes at a time. Having 6 days in between to analyze how inferior seasons 5-8 were made it less enjoyable. This time binging them all pretty quickly I was able to enjoy it more.

Seasons 7 and 8 were pretty good, minus the god awful last episode. Season 6 could have been great and I thought Season 5 sucked. Except for Season 8, 5-7 didn't really have Dexter on the run or the threat of being caught. Villains were lackluster. And worst of all, Dexter made a bunch of idiotic decisions that were very out of character. Seasons 5 and 6 were completely standalone stories without much impact on the overall story. The religion was forced in Season 6, the twist was kind of obvious.

All time great show but like GoT the ending keeps it from being one of the best.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
There's a good documentary about the Laci Peterson murder. Feels like it happened yesterday was pretty nostalgic. I find it interesting what murders go completely unnoticed and which ones are high profile.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Okay I blew threw all 8 seasons of Dexter. When I initially watched, I binged seasons 1-4 then I caught seasons 5-8 live, meaning I had to watch one per week. Dexter is definitely a show that is better when you can watch multiple episodes at a time. Having 6 days in between to analyze how inferior seasons 5-8 were made it less enjoyable. This time binging them all pretty quickly I was able to enjoy it more.

Seasons 7 and 8 were pretty good, minus the god awful last episode. Season 6 could have been great and I thought Season 5 sucked. Except for Season 8, 5-7 didn't really have Dexter on the run or the threat of being caught. Villains were lackluster. And worst of all, Dexter made a bunch of idiotic decisions that were very out of character. Seasons 5 and 6 were completely standalone stories without much impact on the overall story. The religion was forced in Season 6, the twist was kind of obvious.

All time great show but like GoT the ending keeps it from being one of the best.
Season 4 was definitely the best.

Reactions: Chytilmania

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad