Dec 10, 2007
Lower E. Side
distrokid.com
1718208742000.png

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Shogun (if you haven't googled what it's about) is the story of John Blackthorne, an English sea captain whose boat and crew end up near Osaka, Japan when there's a power struggle following the death of the Taiko, who is let's say like a supreme leader. Blackthorne is taken in by Lord Toranaga, one of the regents who is vying for control and naturally becomes involved in a growing war. I'm not sure if there's any other show that's similar. There was a Shogun miniseries back in the late 70s I think? So this one is a reimagining. It's based on a book.
I don’t mean similar like also about samurai lmao

• Haha
Reactions: will1066

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
You've got a long journey ahead of you. S4 is coming but it's been so long since S3 that I need a refresher. Saw a headline somewhere yesterday that S5 will be the final season.

Watched The Holdovers. What a wonderful film. I really enjoyed it.
Yep....just saw season 4 starts airing tomorrow.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Yep....just saw season 4 starts airing tomorrow.

I checked my Prime Video, and indeed the first 3 episodes of S4 are available. But in a shrewd move, Netflix has released the final 4 episodes of Bridgerton S3.

Happy wife, happy life, so it will be Bridgerton tonight, and which I admittedly enjoy.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I checked my Prime Video, and indeed the first 3 episodes of S4 are available. But in a shrewd move, Netflix has released the final 4 episodes of Bridgerton S3.

Happy wife, happy life, so it will be Bridgerton tonight, and which I admittedly enjoy.
Never watched that.

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
Watched first ep of The Acolyte. Didn't really find it "woke", just boring with really wooden acting and a dull script. Hopefully it gets better.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

will1066

Oct 12, 2008

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
It's going to be made up as they go beyond book source material. Not that I read the book but that's what they do nowadays with IP and build franchises and universes.
If I remember correctly, that was a pretty big book (most of them were back then -- one would think they were being paid by the word; Michner's Hawaii was huge).

In any event, this actually makes sense -- I also recall that they managed to cover the entire book in the original series.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I don’t mean similar like also about samurai lmao
if youre ok with animated. Blue Eye Samurai is on netflix, and is fantastic. Please note, animated does not mean PG. it is R rated for blood and Sexual content.
It is absolutely fantastic and I gave it a 9.5/10.
And funny enough, shogun and Blue Eye Samurai are kinda set in a similar time frame.
Shogun kinda leads into blue eye samurai.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I watched The Beekeeper. It wasn't bad although the ending felt like a let down. I'm an action guy so I'm not hard to please.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
A lot of scifi movies made in the 80s (and part of the 90s) were no more than b-movies.....some were downright laughable....ergo, my friend and I called them "schlock" (a Yiddish word that means cheap or inferior goods or material; trash.). However, a good number of them made great comedies.....same can be said for horror movies.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
A lot of scifi movies made in the 80s (and part of the 90s) were no more than b-movies.....some were downright laughable....ergo, my friend and I called them "schlock" (a Yiddish word that means cheap or inferior goods or material; trash.). However, a good number of them made great comedies.....same can be said for horror movies.
Night of the Creeps
Night of the Comet
Scanners
Starman
They Live
Ghosts of Mars
Phantasm
Phantasm II
Dreamscape
Lifeforce
The Fly
D.A.R.Y.L.