Player Discussion Tuukka Rask - V - warning in OP

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Got kicked out of Legends by security because time was up ending a group conversation Rask right now is the best goalie on the planet

You need to win one game this is your guy

We may be looking at Vezina #2 here

Last time I seen Rask play like this it lasted entire year .I think you are right about 2nd vezina

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Clearly a Vezina nominee right now. With Rinne and Vasilevskiy. Probably still Vas's at the moment but he's had a less impressive stretch lately.

No good ol Canadian boys this year.

Watch them nominate Price anyway.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Checking in to read pineapple and JP Nolan on Rask today. I guess they are absent.

Pineapple = "Rask is overpaid, and never makes the big save!"

JP Nolan = Something really long and fluffed up spewing 'facts' that are actual false, which he'll go back and edit once called out for it.

Ryan = "It was a type-O..."

Reactions: Seidenbergy

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Sooooo much fun to watch him go to work right now. He's putting on an absolute clinic.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Checking in to read pineapple and JP Nolan on Rask today. I guess they are absent.
80/20 rule applied to Rask would need many more dissenters

In fairness to them they just fall into the equation

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Pineapple = "Rask is overpaid, and never makes the big save!"

JP Nolan = Something really long and fluffed up spewing 'facts' that are actual false, which he'll go back and edit once called out for it.

Ryan = "It was a type-O..."
In a weird way I enjoy both

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Clearly a Vezina nominee right now. With Rinne and Vasilevskiy. Probably still Vas's at the moment but he's had a less impressive stretch lately.

Canadian media is hyping up Freddy Andersen right now almost as much as they are making excuses for Price.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA

I don't think he's in the Vezina conversation. At least not yet.

He's still outside the top5 in sv%. He's outside the top10 in wins. And he's outside the top20 in saves.

You have to remember he got off to a really bad start. .870 sv pct before he got injured. He was still sub .900 when he got benched for Dobby's little run in late November. He didn't get above .900 (to stay) until early December. So he's had to offset those 15 or so starts with this dominating run to get his numbers back up to respectable.

The stretch run will make or break his Vezina bid. He's going to have to keep playing lights out the rest of the way to catch up to Vasilevsky.

Reactions: WhalerTurnedBruin55

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
This has been such a weird season.

The kids sucked, and the team sucked. Then the kids were great, and the team is great.

Rask sucked, then he sucked worse. Khudobin was lights out. Then Rask is been unbeatable and Khudobin is mortal, but still decent.

Lottery pick talk, now contender talk.

And the craziest thing? It's all legit commentary. I'm usually stunned by the hyperbole in this place, but this team has been really terrible and really good. And it's only the eve of Game 49.

Reactions: minpind

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

He's still outside the top5 in sv%. He's outside the top10 in wins. And he's outside the top20 in saves.

If you are only talking starters with 30 or more appearances, he's:

3rd in save %
1st in GAA

How could you NOT include him in the Vezina conversation?

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

You have to remember he got off to a really bad start. .870 sv pct before he got injured. He was still sub .900 when he got benched for Dobby's little run in late November. He didn't get above .900 (to stay) until early December. So he's had to offset those 15 or so starts with this dominating run to get his numbers back up to respectable.

The stretch run will make or break his Vezina bid. He's going to have to keep playing lights out the rest of the way to catch up to Vasilevsky.
I think everyone here would be more than happy if he's in the conversation by the end of the season.

I kind of hate this polarization of either a Rask "lover" or "hater". Can we just be Bruins fans that want Rask to play well? When he is, everyone's happy and wants him to keep it up. When he isn't, allow people to criticize without just being called a hater.

His start was definitely leaving much to be desired, but that said, it says a lot that with his domination the past month or so, that he had a lot of ground to make up for. Like I said, I'll be more than happy if he's in the Vezina conversation again by the end of the season.

Reactions: minpind

BlueBrunswick

Jan 27, 2014
Canadian media is hyping up Freddy Andersen right now almost as much as they are making excuses for Price.

You are right to a degree - the media doesn't vote on the Vezina, hockey executives d0, but I think they would also lean towards voting for Canadian talent... This is my favourite example - in 12/13 Price got one single Vezina vote, enough to put him in 10th spot... his numbers that year... 2.59 GAA and ,905 SV%, both below league average, but he still got a vote. No Habs player is having a good year, but sending someone who is having a terrible year is kanda a slap in the face to his teammates and other more deserving players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad