News Article: Tuukka Rask not worried about his workload or Bruins defense

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Tuukka is elite and he'll be elite even if he plays all 82. He and Bergy are the only two sure things on this team.

Ideally he plays 60-65... But if we go with Subban/McIntyre/Smith it'll be much more.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Pretty much. Tuukka was pissed with how little rest he got this year. He showed the frustration when Malcolm got pulled against St. Louis.

70 games is way too much for him this year.

I really would love to know who made the final call to have Malcolm start in St. Louis instead of Edmonton.

LPHuLwj.png

81ragnaH

May 29, 2007
Lynn, MA
Didn't know where to post this -
“Stay out of the bar. You can’t hide here. Don’t be dancing on tables with your shirt off and bottles of vodka in your hand, like somebody else,†said Shawn Thornton on Jimmy Hayes playing in Boston.
The effects of Tyler.

EDIT
LINK - http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/..._doesn_t_understand_why_dougie_hamilton_would

I love how he says this one week after that picture of Marchand doing exactly this hit the media :laugh:

At least that one was during the offseason.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I really would love to know who made the final call to have Malcolm start in St. Louis instead of Edmonton.

LPHuLwj.png

Doesn't seem like a bad decision.

Bruins needed points, tried to make sure they got the "easy" 2 against Edmonton. If Subban had sucked against the Oilers and the Blues beat Rask, the outcry would have been even worse.

Sturm

Jun 25, 2015
Virginia
Rask is an elite goalie who makes elite money and he should play as much as possible, but 70 is too much. 62-65 is a good number

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
I hope the entire team can figure out how to beat the Habs. They have such a tough time with them.

Fixed it for you ;)

In the beginning of his career Tuukka undoubtably sucked against the Habs, without a doubt. It was almost like watching Roy against the Wings. Couldn't stop a goal against them to save his life.

These past two seasons? I think we have discovered that Rask hasn't been the (main) problem against them. He really hasn't. Hopefully with fresh faces the team can overcome that hump. The Habs haven't changed much; if anything, they have sort of gotten worse.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Fixed it for you ;)

In the beginning of his career Tuukka undoubtably sucked against the Habs, without a doubt. It was almost like watching Roy against the Wings. Couldn't stop a goal against them to save his life.

These past two seasons? I think we have discovered that Rask hasn't been the (main) problem against them. He really hasn't. Hopefully with fresh faces the team can overcome that hump. The Habs haven't changed much; if anything, they have sort of gotten worse.

I am afraid the B's may have gotten worse as well. :(

IMO the Habs are in Tuukka's head. I know the whole team wasn't good last year but Tuukka does struggle against Miontreal.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If there is one good thing about this years roster turnover its that the Habs past record dont mean squat to the new guys.

And we should see a style change, already for the forwards next year and for the whole package in 1-2years, D prospets definitely support our faster/tougher style.
We have been the perfect opponent for the Habs these last few years, can't wait to see it change.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Unfortunately we have to ask the second highest paid goalie in the league to play a handful more games than he optimally should be.

Ya, he will probably be less effective because of it

But that's what happens when you have an average defense

Pray for health this year boys and girls or it could be a long season

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Doesn't seem like a bad decision.

Bruins needed points, tried to make sure they got the "easy" 2 against Edmonton. If Subban had sucked against the Oilers and the Blues beat Rask, the outcry would have been even worse.

The flip side is Subban might have handle first NHL game butterflies in Edmonton than St Louis.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Unfortunately we have to ask the second highest paid goalie in the league to play a handful more games than he optimally should be.

Ya, he will probably be less effective because of it

But that's what happens when you have an average defense

Pray for health this year boys and girls or it could be a long season

Goalies who face over 2,000 shots in a season rarely go far into the playoffs, if they get there in the first place. Goalie fatigue is real.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Tuukka: "Yeah, I'm not really worried about my workload or the D this year. I know they will be a bit young, but it will all work out."

Reporter: "Well, that's good to hear, because without Dougie..."

Tuukka (interrupts): "Wait, what do you mean without Dougie?..."

:laugh:

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Tuukka: "Yeah, I'm not really worried about my workload or the D this year. I know they will be a bit young, but it will all work out."

I have a feeling Tuukka is secretly excited that Dougie is gone. Just a hunch.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think Tuukka's being the loyal teammate in the article. He obviously can't say "Well I don't have a back up so I'm in for all 82. It will be tough with the Swiss cheese defense I will have in front of me. I'll have to lay in a supply of milk crates to throw when they cost me a win because they can't get the ****ing puck out of our end, either with a pass or skating it out"

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
It's a good attitude going into the season but it will be interesting to see what the attitude is by about the halfway mark of the season if it's not pretty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad