Turnovers and backside plays

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I've really been happy to watch the Blues, since Miller and Ott donned the Blue Note.

Still, have you all noticed that we seem to be giving up too many turnovers and, even more importantly, don't seem to be covering the backside player and/or the player at the top of the crease. There have been at least 3 "bang-bang" goals in the last five games, two from the corner.

I hope Hitch gets on the players about covering these chances. They could really hurt us in the playoffs if we don't play soundly.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Is it really that big of a deal?

Call the stat-keeping flawed because it can be, but according to NHL.com the Blues give the puck away the least out of any team in the NHL, by a FAR margin. The closest team to us has turned it over 70 more times than we have. Edmonton (the team with the most turnovers) has given it away 500 more times than us.

So, yeah, it's gonna happen sometimes but I'd say we're doing alright.

TuukYou14

Pro: Forum Lurking
Aug 6, 2009
Saint Louis
i'm more concerned about the blues doing one of two things recently:
1. not getting the puck deep in the offensive zone. Little chip-in attempts and half-hearted dump-ins drive me nuts.
2. sling-shotting slapshots all the way around the boards in the offensive zone, leading to turnovers or unnecessary regrouping when the puck exits the offensive zone as a result. (looking at you polak, but there have been many others).

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Add in 0 adjusting....When what your doing isn't working, please try something new.

Also zone entries, the blues carry no speed into the zone, they will slow down so they enter with numbers. Which usually ends up in a failed entry or turnover

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad