TV: Turn

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Looks like they took some creative liberties with Patience Wright.

[spoil]she died in 1786 (and would have been 52 in 1777)[/spoil]

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
This season has been fantastic thus far.

In particular, I love the way that Benedict Arnold and Major Andre are being depicted. As a big history buff, it's popular opinion that both deserved fates better than they received. Arnold being a terrific solider and leader who was treated unjustly and all but given no choice but to change sides because of how poorly his fellow officers treated him (and because of how the British played on his damaged psyche). And Andre who was generally a good man who was punished due to the unjust actions of General Howe in the Nathan Hale incident.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Great season so far. Really enjoying Andre's scenes, townsend annoys the crap out of me though.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Excellent news :). Thoroughly enjoying this show so far!!

Thanks for the heads up Smyth.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
glad to hear it's back, figured it would although I've never looked up the numbers the show does. I think it's a well done show, though as a bit of a history buff, it's likely my favorite era of history after the world wars.

yRessUneChose

yRessUneBarbe
Jun 7, 2015
I really like the show, it is well done with a great acting/plot what not. Obviously, nothing is 1000% historically accurate,(like... the storyline of Major Rogers) but still, the essence of the story is well done. I didnt really know much of the american revolution war(just in general, important dates whatnot) and after watching the first season, I just kept reading about the circle of spies, Benedict Arnold, etc (more in depth,,)

I think I wont be the only one to say that Major Andre is an amazing character,,

GermanNuck

Jun 15, 2011
Germany
Really like this show. Only issue: Amazon really wanted to show the series as soon as possible in Germany so the translations are sometimes a bit sloppy. So I switched back to English.

Glad to hear that they'll make a third season, still waiting for Von Steuben ;)

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
Nice, I was hoping it got renewed, they kind of left a couple cliff hangers there at the season finale. Very well done show, and I thought the 2nd season was even better than the first.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Very excited. The difference between season 1 and 2 was stark but there is still room for it to get better even.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad