Turki Alalshikh plans to drastically lower boxing PPV prices

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Eh, not enough for casuals like me. I love boxing, but if it's paywalled beyond anything that I'm not already paying for, it's a non-starter for me, and paying specifically for a PPV is something that I could never see myself doing.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Eh, not enough for casuals like me. I love boxing, but if it's paywalled beyond anything that I'm not already paying for, it's a non-starter for me, and paying specifically for a PPV is something that I could never see myself doing.

Yea I haven't regularly watched any PPVs since Mayweather retired. A few Canelo and Wilder fights but that's about it.

Takuto Maruki

Ideal and the real
Dec 13, 2016
Brandon, Manitoba
I know that PPV sales are what ultimately makes the top 1% their money, but UFC and wrestling both abandoned traditional PPV sales to roll them into large scale streaming options. At what point does the powers that be realize that's about the only way that people are going to be paying for these large scale, quarterly (or monthly) events?

Reaser

May 19, 2021
I know that PPV sales are what ultimately makes the top 1% their money, but UFC and wrestling both abandoned traditional PPV sales to roll them into large scale streaming options. At what point does the powers that be realize that's about the only way that people are going to be paying for these large scale, quarterly (or monthly) events?

You still have to buy UFC PPVs, different from WWE.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad