Pre-Game Talk: Tuesday's game Dallas Stars vs Toronto Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Nick Robertson confirmed playing, that's going to be great. The Robertson brothers going head to head.

Competitive as Nick is, I really like that he's getting another 2nd line opportunity while playing against his older brother; I think he has a good game.

Nylander has shown chemistry with Kerfoot in the past, I think he'll eventually click with Robertson as well with both being great dual threats in transition & on the rush. The line is on the light side, Nylander is going to have to engage more physically & down low; could be good for his game. He needs to be the leader of that line.

Looking forward to seeing the Rielly-Lyubushkin pairing too.

ShameOnYouZidlicky

Jun 4, 2010
Nick Robertson confirmed playing, that's going to be great. The Robertson brothers going head to head.

Happy to see Bunting-Tavares-Marner

I think rolling with

Kerfoot/Kase Matthews Nylander
Bunting Tavares Marner

in the playoffs will be best for the team

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Stars at Leafs tonight. This date in 1996, Wendel Clark, Doug Gilmour and Wayne Presley scored in a 3-0 win over visiting Dallas at the Gardens. Toronto’s Dave Gagner and Todd Gill kicked out during a wild first period. 26-save shutout for Felix Potvin.</p>&mdash; Lance Hornby 🇺🇦 (@sunhornby) <a href="">March 15, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'd be cool with a score like that.

Also they changed how to do embed tweets. How do you get rid of all the junk. Starting to feel old now lol

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Never fear, Simmons is here 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
If the Stars want to win, all they have to do us slap MM around and we are done., no pp.
This is a do or die moment for the Leafs.
The best player in the NHL was left to take action with no help, push back or retailiation by his team. Now he sits for 2 games. If they fold like a cheap suit, whimper away, get mauled, it is over. Shine up the golf clubs time.
I hope they show spunk, but who could it be?
Do your knuckles hurt from dragging along the pavement all day?

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Hoping marner can spark JT and get him going, Willy with Kerfoot & Robertson is a line while slight in stature has two annoying guys on it. Kallgren just needs to give 900-910 and they should be fine. Just make the routine saves.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Kallgren might be the main reason to tune in. With the Matthews suspension I think I might skip.
Depends what your expectations are. I highly doubt Kallgren's gonna jump in and save the day. Goaltending issues seem to be an annual occurance with this team and it might be time for this fanbase to start looking elsewhere for the real problem.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Depends what your expectations are. I highly doubt Kallgren's gonna jump in and save the day. Goaltending issues seem to be an annual occurance with this team and it might be time for this fanbase to start looking elsewhere for the real problem.

I would be curious to see what we have in Kallgren just for the information. But I’m not sure I really want to invest 3 hours a night in the Leafs this week after the league officiating has been so blatantly biased and poor the past week resulting in the suspension of the most entertaining player on the team. As a fan it’s just reaching a breaking point.

Reactions: leafsfan5 and IPS

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I would like to hear 'Fire Shanahan and Dubas' chants tonight, along with 'f*** you NHL' !!! MLSE HAS to see that Shanahan IS NOT working for them nor Leafs Nation !!! Him and his regime has GOT TO GO IMHO !!!

My name is NOT Ballard, but if I were the Leafs owner, I would forfeit tonight's game to embarrass the NHL !!! The anti-Leaf bias HAS TO STOP, it's a disservice to the fan base that pays the highest ticket prices in the League that has a portion of the money they pay going to help other teams beat our Leafs. The least the NHL could do is make it fair for ALL TEAMS every game !!!

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I would like to hear 'Fire Shanahan and Dubas' chants tonight, along with 'f*** you NHL' !!! MLSE HAS to see that Shanahan IS NOT working for them nor Leafs Nation !!! Him and his regime has GOT TO GO IMHO !!!

My name is NOT Ballard, but if I were the Leafs owner, I would forfeit tonight's game to embarrass the NHL !!! The anti-Leaf bias HAS TO STOP, it's a disservice to the fan base that pays the highest ticket prices in the League that has a portion of the money they pay going to help other teams beat our Leafs. The least the NHL could do is make it fair for ALL TEAMS every game !!!

If the Stars take an early lead, and the team looks uninspired, you might hear displeasure from the fans. They should have enough class not to get on the kid if he allows a couple of stinkers.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Kallgren is capable of stealing games, and if the Leafs play like they have been for most of this year, that likely won't even be necessary.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010

Did you go with the extra wide foil before fashioning your hat? No? Maybe it’s on a bit too tight.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Did you go with the extra wide foil before fashioning your hat? No? Maybe it’s on a bit too tight.
Good to know that some Leaf fans support the anti-Leaf NHL bias !!! Off to the ignore list you go. Please ignore me too. Thank you in advance !!!

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Dont like Kase on the 4th line.

I'd rather...

Bunting-Nylander-Marner
Robertson-Tavares-Kase
Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Engvall
XXX-Kampf-Spezza

Defensive pairings:
Rielly Brodie (keep what worked)
Sandin Lyubushkin
Dermott Liljegren

Scratch Holl ffs

When/if Muzz is ready to go he can take Sandin's spot and Sandin can slot down on 3rd pair. Keefe is forcing Brodie to play on the left side and forcing Holl in the line up is really pissing me off.

Its a home ice you can match lines too.

Last edited:

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Hoping for a good game from our rook tender .. not expecting anything from JT's line .. but expect Willy to step up .. not sure of he will be enough but good idear to play him with Kerfoot as his C .. i don't like that D Lub on 1st line big mistake .. Holl playing at all big mistake .. and 2 rooks on 3rd pair will get exposed badly

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
I agree with every move Keefe has done here. Kallgren could not be worse than Mrazek and perhaps the Leafs will tighten up defensively for the rookie (then again I remember Kaskisuo's first game and the egg they laid). Pairing Rielly with Bush is a good move on paper, even though he's not a first pairing guy. Putting JT and Marner together is a good move without Matthews. And best of all.....no Simmonds!

Should be an interesting game to watch. Let's hope the refs call a fair game...maybe even get more PPs than the opposition for one of the few times this season. I know, too much to ask for one night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad