TSN McKenzie's Top 15 Rankings, NHL Draft Lottery Edition

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I agree with your top 3. I think Chicago wants to replicate Kane , Toews with Bedard and Demidov. Anaheim then would take Levshunov. Columbus, i got no idea. They might pick Silayev but if they take Lindstrom, who would you pick at 5 for Montreal?
Parekh

gothegr8

Jul 7, 2012
What’s wrong with his game? He looks like a star with no real weakness other than slightly mediocre size.
Nothing is wrong with his game (Catton), i just prefer some other guys over him. He projects as a winger (he said it himself last week * ), and i don't see the super amazing dynamic skills to put him over some of the guys i have over him. Still a very good prospect who's gonna be a real good top 6 winger for a long time with real good impact in transition plays.

*Je me vois davantage comme un ailier, dans la LNH. (I see myself more as a winger, in the NHL)

Last edited:

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
Nothing is wrong with his game (Catton), i just prefer some other guys over him. He projects as a winger (he said it himself last week * ), and i don't see the super amazing dynamic skills to put him over some of the guys i have over him. Still a very good prospect who's gonna be a real good top 6 winger for a long time with real good impact in transition plays.

*Je me vois davantage comme un ailier, dans la LNH. (I see myself more as a winger, in the NHL)

interesting. Could definitely see him fall a bit if he's not considered a C prospect. I'd gladly take him at #`15 (though that still seems very unlikely)

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
Considering Grier's love for BU, and the sharks need for goal scorers I think he definitely would. All depends if he falls that far.
It would be a cool story. I think it depends who the Sharks are high on and who's available at 14. The Sharks have a fair amount of LW / left shot centre prospects already, but I'm not sure how many of them have true first line or second line goal scoring potential. If they're high on Eiserman and believe his ceiling is significantly higher than some of their other LW prospects, and the defensemen they like are off the board at 14, I can see them picking him. Their defense prospect cupboard is definitely pretty bare but they've got time to draft those guys, they don't need to pick a defenseman at 14.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
It would be a cool story. I think it depends who the Sharks are high on and who's available at 14. The Sharks have a fair amount of LW / left shot centre prospects already, but I'm not sure how many of them have true first line or second line goal scoring potential. If they're high on Eiserman and believe his ceiling is significantly higher than some of their other LW prospects, and the defensemen they like are off the board at 14, I can see them picking him. Their defense prospect cupboard is definitely pretty bare but they've got time to draft those guys, they don't need to pick a defenseman at 14.
It's probably my personal bias, but I think the need at RW and the prospects available at 14 (Sennecke, possibly, but maybe not... Chernyshov, likely) would overshadow the BU connection and the Eiserman goalscoring spike. Just my hunch/bias, but I think this is the likely SJS draft board at 14 at least imho and today:

Yakemchuk (less and less likely to be there)
Sennecke (same)
Chernyshov
Eiserman/MBN (not sure which to prioritize, both likely to be there)
Catton (controversial! but Grier is looking for big/strong/fast, even if Catton is high end offensive potential)
Jiricek reach???

Honestly not sure they'd take Connelly or Parekh over any of these.

Reactions: ameselare

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
It's probably my personal bias, but I think the need at RW and the prospects available at 14 (Sennecke, possibly, but maybe not... Chernyshov, likely) would overshadow the BU connection and the Eiserman goalscoring spike. Just my hunch/bias, but I think this is the likely SJS draft board at 14 at least imho and today:

Yakemchuk (less and less likely to be there)
Sennecke (same)
Chernyshov
Eiserman/MBN (not sure which to prioritize, both likely to be there)
Catton (controversial! but Grier is looking for big/strong/fast, even if Catton is high end offensive potential)
Jiricek reach???

Honestly not sure they'd take Connelly or Parekh over any of these.
I agree that they don't really need to be taking LW. I can only see it happening if they're really high on him as compared to the LW prospects they already have, which is unlikely.

Reactions: coooldude

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Silayev at 3 seems kinds high i mean 6 ft 7 is nice but hes not gonna put up much offence based on khl stuff i seeen of him.

Reactions: Xirik

goforit

Apr 14, 2010
Montreal
Putting on 20lbs is not an easy projection lol.

He's also 5'10", not 5'11".
Hockeydb and eliteprospects both have him at 5f11. I guess we'll know after the combine.

I personally went from 150lbs to 185lbs without any effort when I turned 20 or so. I just had a 6f1 teenager frame to fill.

Its not uncommon at all for young man who make a living of training to put on 20lbs at this age.

spfan

May 4, 2009
Yes, NJD would have 100% picked Luke. The best available prospect at a position of need

If by "center duties" you mean taking faceoffs, sure.

Jack Hughes has 100% been playing the actual center role at every single other time
Like I said, it wasn't a reach or anything, but I'm sure Jack had some influence. Luke wasn't the unanimous BPA at that pick. The pick would've made sense regardless of the team, but if they picked Brandt Clarke there, that wouldn't have been worse.

Silayev at 3 seems kinds high i mean 6 ft 7 is nice but hes not gonna put up much offence based on khl stuff i seeen of him.
He's fine, but that's exactly why he'll go high. Cause he's gigantic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad