TSN’s Top 50 NHL Players for 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
lol, yes the hell it does. an 80 point Selke winner is not more valuable than a 105 point PF. Barkov does not save 25 goals a year, not close and certainly not 25 OVER Rantanen.

Rantanen over Barkov 10/10

They wont
Barkov plays the more valued position and provides more to his team other than goal scoring and rantanen isn't really a pwf just a big, strong guy with skill who is offensively talented. I'll take the guy with multiple selkes and a Smythe over the 100 point winger. Kopitar > iginla

CantHaveTkachev

Accruing Cap Space
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
If he was healthy enough to play then he deserves criticism for producing nothing in the Stanley Cup finals. Players are injured all the time in the playoffs and especially once they reach the Cup Finals. Wasn't McDavid hampered by a pretty serious injury during the Finals (3 goals and 8 assists)?
and the Oilers don't even get to the Finals without his play...he was the MVP of the Kings series, then hurt his back in Game 1 of the Canucks series and still produced
criticize away, but you're talking about a FINALS series...not a Round 1 series

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Why? Did you talk to all GMs?
He's not wrong.

The 8 year age gap is a factor, but the massive question marks around Demko's injury kinda kills the subject. They've pretty much said his injury isn't fixable and he'll have to learn to play with it, so until he proves that he can still be an elite goalie at the highest level, GMs wouldn't take him over Johnston.

And I'm not saying Demko can't overcome that, I'm just saying that until he proves that he can, GMs wouldn't risk it.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Matthews 3
Marchand 45

Toronto Sports Network lol smh

Marchand - Just these last 4 Playoffs
GP: 36 G: 19 A: 24 P: 43

Matthews - Entire Career (8 playoffs)
GP: 55 G: 23 A: 25 P: 48

Matthews career playoffs +2
Marchand career playoffs +30

Marchand has..
  • Most overtime goals in Bruins history (16)
  • Most shorthanded goals in Bruins history (31)
  • Most goals in playoff elimination games in Bruins history (10)
  • Fastest postseason overtime goal in Bruins history (39 seconds)
  • First overtime penalty-shot goal in Bruins history (February 6, 2016)
  • Most playoff goals in Bruins history (56)

Marchand is seriously clutch and a proven winner, I’d take him over Matthews any day in a 7 game series. TSN really hate the Leaf Killer lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
If you're talking about building a team to win now, nobody takes Johnston over Demko.
You are heavily overreacting to 1 year of Demko, who now has an injury he's dealing with. If you get 22-23 demko that's literally below average goaltending you're getting

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Sure but big market players play in NY as well right?

If Matthews played on any of those 3 teams there would be what 50-70% less hate for him that borderlines on ridiculous from fan bases that hate the Leafs one would guess.

The guy has won 3 od the last 4 Richard trophies and has played some decent 2 way hockey among top goal scorers so people need to stop minimizing that and then exaggerate his playoff woes as was pointed out upthread.

Yes but the Rangers in the hierarchy of NY sports teams aren't number one, compared to the Leafs whoa re number one in Toronto sports by a. country mile. Being a top player on the Leafs is like being a top player on the Yankees or Lakers.

Can't tell if you're serious....

Not one GM starts a team with Demko over Wyatt

I wouldn't be so sure. It's very hard to find a #1, elite level goalie. I'm a huge Johnston fan going back to juniors but I wouldn't take him over Demko.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Demko not being in top 50 is wild. I would take Demko over Wyatt freaking Johnston when it comes to building a team.
i'm sure it's been addressed but I'm not reading all the pages.

Wyatt is 21 years old and put up 60+ points
Demko is turning 29 in 2 months and doesn't have the best track record when it comes to injuries. Maybe it ends up behind him and he plays at a high level for years to come, but as far as a building team goes, I think it would be smarter to take Wyatt freaking Johnston.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
You are heavily overreacting to 1 year of Demko, who now has an injury he's dealing with. If you get 22-23 demko that's literally below average goaltending you're getting
Ok I didnt know wyatt johnson already has 10 years of experience with many trophies.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
i'm sure it's been addressed but I'm not reading all the pages.

Wyatt is 21 years old and put up 60+ points
Demko is turning 29 in 2 months and doesn't have the best track record when it comes to injuries. Maybe it ends up behind him and he plays at a high level for years to come, but as far as a building team goes, I think it would be smarter to take Wyatt freaking Johnston.
If we are talking about the now, Demko has pedigree of being a number 1 goalie and top 5 while Johnston has never been a top 10 or even top 20 forward. So the ranking is talking about current not future status so Demko should be ranked higher based on his track record regardless of his injury now.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Ok I didnt know wyatt johnson already has 10 years of experience with many trophies.
Wyatt Johnson makes under 1 mill and plays a much more valued position.

If you think Wyatt is too young to go on the list, fair enough. But Demko is not the next man up.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If we are talking about the now, Demko has pedigree of being a number 1 goalie and top 5 while Johnston has never been a top 10 or even top 20 forward. So the ranking is talking about current not future status so Demko should be ranked higher based on his track record regardless of his injury now.
The response was about taking Demko over Wyatt "freaking" Johnston as if that's some joke to take Wyatt first. He's been a stud. It's easy to see why some would go in the other direction if they were building a team. Especially when adding in age and injury history. I'm not saying he should be ranked higher in a list right now.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Wyatt Johnston looked awesome in the playoffs last year. How did Demko look?
So we only look at last years playoffs?? Then i guess we should trade pettersson for a bag of pucks

Wyatt Johnson makes under 1 mill and plays a much more valued position.

If you think Wyatt is too young to go on the list, fair enough. But Demko is not the next man up.
Wyatt has not been around long enough to justify being on the list. He has a short track record.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
So we only look at last years playoffs?? Then i guess we should trade pettersson for a bag of pucks

Wyatt has not been around long enough to justify being on the list. He has a short track record.
Demko has a very short track record too.

Once again, if you want a guy to reach 23 or 24 before you put him on, go ahead. Demko still isn't the next guy up.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009

Demko went from day to day, to week to week, to series to series, to 'he'll be ready by next season,' to 'he won't be ready to start the season,' to 'his issues are unfixable and he has to learn how to play through them.' Demko has a history of injuries. Demko, while not old, is not a spring chicken, and a healthy Demko is an awesome Demko. But as things stand right now there is zero evidence that Demko will ever be fully healthy again. Which, as a Canucks fan, sucks. But it is the truth. He is on a Cory Schneider trajectory. You may feel differently (which you do, because I've seen you around enough in threads to know that you aren't just a Canucks fan, you are a Canucks homer), but to not understand why teams would value a 21 year old with a shit ton of upside over a 28 year old goalie with a history of injuries currently battling a permanent injury is just plain obtuse.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad