TSN’s Top 50 NHL Players for 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Nylander ahead of Marner is a funny take imo
Marner puts up a few more points in the regular season, playing with the best goal scorer in the league, while Nylander is stuck dragging around the shell of Tavares, but that's about it. If you look at playoff performance it's not even close.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I feel like they put Matthews over Kucherov for the outrage and to drive clicks. Matthews/Drai at 4/5 is a good debate though imo.
I mean Matthews put up 69 goals AND was a Selke finalist. And not all of that was just Toronto bias. And centers are going to be more valued than wingers.

I don't think it's outrageous.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I mean Matthews put up 69 goals AND was a Selke finalist. And not all of that was just Toronto bias. And centers are going to be more valued than wingers.

I don't think it's outrageous.
Kucherov just had a 142 point season and he's already lead his team to 2 cups.

I'm a Leafs fan but Kucherov is comfortably top 3, imo.

Reactions: Tanknation

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021
This will not age well

Not a horrible list apart from having Rantanen higher than Barkov and I’m sure Avs fans would agree with me.

HF keeps making me combine these 2 posts even though I have edited the first one to not include the 2nd part and have posted just the 2nd part multiple times
Gotta wait 5 mins playboy. Or until someone makes an intervening post

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Swayman has like 2 vezina votes
Demko finishes 2nd in vezina voting
There is 5 goalies that made this list

Make it make sense

Not even saying Demko should be a top 50 player
But if 5 franking goaltenders made it and he didnt?
YOU try and make this list with a torn popliteus!! :P it's not easy!

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021
I assume this is a "regular season" list? What's the point of that? It should combine regular season with playoffs.

TSN: please do better with the relevance of your content.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He's just not healthy enough as it stands right now.

Peter Forsberg was arguably one of the better forwards in the game. His inability to stay healthy keep him away from that discussion.

He was 2nd in Vezina voting last year, and still played 51 games so its not like he missed the entire season.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
What is incorrect? You discount Matthews as a player based on his inability to elevate his game in the playoffs and don't seem to care at all what he does during the regular season.

I point out that it seems hypocritical because Draistail completely disappeared in the Stanley Cup finals but apparently that shouldn't be mentioned regarding where he ranks as a player.

Also, if you haven't looked it up as of yet, what would you guess Matthews playoffs numbers look like? I bet they aren't as bad as you think they are.
I'd say the difference is you're equating one series to one's entire playoff career.

Someone underwhelming over a 7 game sample size isn't as egregious as someone underwhelming over a 50+ game sample size.

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
Connor McDavid is the best offensive player in the nhl, but the best overall and complete player is Alexander Barkov and he is not even in the top10 what a joke!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad