Value of: Troy Terry to NJD

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
RFA after this season, Ducks don't look like they are close to being competitive again. Terry would be a great add to our top6 either it be at Jack or Nico's wing

what would it take to bring him to NJ?

1st 23', 24', Sharangovich and Zakhar Bardakov would be a good offer?

• Haha
Reactions: bsu

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
You’re not gonna like the asking price because there’s no reason to think he’s available. The Ducks aren’t simply going to liquidate every player over 24 and the way Terry has developed and shown out on such a crappy current roster - he’s an integral part of the core.

Rybo

Dec 27, 2022
New Jersey
You’re not gonna like the asking price because there’s no reason to think he’s available. The Ducks aren’t simply going to liquidate every player over 24 and the way Terry has developed and shown out on such a crappy current roster - he’s an integral part of the core.
Troy Terry turns 26 this year! I honestly doubt Anaheim is in a playoff spot before hes 30, so itd be best if they moved him tbh

Plus hed fetch a LOT for the rebuild!

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
He's about as untouchable as you can get from the Ducks POV - aside from a superstar becoming available.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Unless Terry himself demands a trade he is not being moved and nobody would be able to afford what PV would ask for him

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Troy Terry turns 26 this year! I honestly doubt Anaheim is in a playoff spot before hes 30, so itd be best if they moved him tbh

Plus hed fetch a LOT for the rebuild!
Nobody is likely going to pay enough to entice the Ducks to move a guy that not only is their best player, but has shown really good leadership qualities.

An overpayment is all that (likely) would do it, and who is going to overpay these days?

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Think Nemec or Hughes as the main piece or why does Anaheim even consider it?

Welcome to the reality of being a good team: giving up late firsts for solid yet unspectacular older vets

Honestly I still wouldn’t consider it. The Ducks are loaded on the backend prospects. They have no one who projects to be even close to Terry in the prospect pool.

Terry is the only current top line forward on the Ducks. He should be locked up for 8 years through his prime soon.

Rooch

Jul 22, 2021
YOU: Your team should trade its best player because the team isn't competitive.

ME: Come again?

YOU: ...yeah cuz he's gonna be older by the time your team is competitive.

ME: [Blink. Blink, blink.]

YOU: Plus, trading him would get you some good players for your rebuild.

ME: [Commits seppuku]

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
YOU: Your team should trade its best player because the team isn't competitive.

ME: Come again?

YOU: ...yeah cuz he's gonna be older by the time your team is competitive.

ME: [Blink. Blink, blink.]

YOU: Plus, trading him would get you some good players for your rebuild.

ME: [Commits seppuku]

It can make sense in some cases. Doesn’t mean it necessarily makes sense here.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Think Nemec or Hughes as the main piece or why does Anaheim even consider it?

Welcome to the reality of being a good team: giving up late firsts for solid yet unspectacular older vets

same reason Chicago decided to trade DeBrincat who's better and more proven and didn't return no one close to these two

I'm fine with Ducks fan not wanting to part ways with him, heck of a player and would be good for Zegras and McTravish to have guys that can keep up with them even if they rebuilding

just asked if they would be willing to deal him and what would it cost.

Rybo

Dec 27, 2022
New Jersey
It will take exponentially longer to rebuild if they sell off their best player in his mid 20s. It just flat out makes no sense unless he suddenly demands a trade rather than signing long term.
I disagree! I dont think it wise to keep Terry if hes going to be nearing 30 by the time they are contending

Youd be getting his four best years as you are rebuilding.

But they can keep him, its not like its detrimental! He wouldnt fall off a cliff. Theyd just be losing out on more rebuild-assets for a guy whod likely be in his prime or near ending it by the time they are in stride.

Nobody is likely going to pay enough to entice the Ducks to move a guy that not only is their best player, but has shown really good leadership qualities.

An overpayment is all that (likely) would do it, and who is going to overpay these days?
You could maybe find a suitor in the offseason! Terry's RFA status is very desirable

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I can see why Ducks fans would be annoyed by this. New Jersey is up and coming. They’re in an enviable position with C in good shape and high end D prospects. Not to mention they have Bratt. Anaheim hopes it’s a season or two away from that too. So because New Jersey is there first, Anaheim is supposed to prolong the re-build by making Zegras an old man by the time they turn the corner?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I disagree! I dont think it wise to keep Terry if hes going to be nearing 30 by the time they are contending

Youd be getting his four best years as you are rebuilding.

But they can keep him, its not like its detrimental! He wouldnt fall off a cliff. Theyd just be losing out on more rebuild-assets for a guy whod likely be in his prime or near ending it by the time they are in stride.

You could maybe find a suitor in the offseason! Terry's RFA status is very desirable
Name one contending team that doesn't have any star players around the age of 30.

Sorry but I think you have an entirely convoluted view on how to build a hockey team. You collect picks and prospects at the start of a rebuild hoping they turn into star players like Terry in their 20s - so that you actually have pieces to build around.

Remember that the root word of rebuild is build - the point is to actually build something and not become a farm team developing talent to pass along.

Last edited:

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I can see why Ducks fans would be annoyed by this. New Jersey is up and coming. They’re in an enviable position with C in good shape and high end D prospects. Not to mention they have Bratt. Anaheim hopes it’s a season or two away from that too. So because New Jersey is there first, Anaheim is supposed to prolong the re-build by making Zegras an old man by the time they turn the corner?
Z is 21, they could get as many assets as they can for guys like Terry and Adam Henrique and instead of just stock pilling prospect use some of it for NHLers on cap-strapped teams like the Devils did with Siegenthaler, Ryan Graves, Marino, Vanecek, etc or a bigger fisher.

But keeping him also a good option as he's their best player, if they can lock him up to a reasonable deal.

Rybo

Dec 27, 2022
New Jersey
Name one contending team that doesn't have any star players around the age of 30.
That wasn't my point!

Thats why it is okay to keep him. Im not saying youd waste him!

But with how bad Anaheim has been the past few years I think it wise to capitalize on a stud player who has the ability to negotiate with teams; that could net you a package of up to 2-3 1sts in value!

Anaheim can find in free agency over the next 2-3 seasons a player of Terry's ilk to replace his scoring with nothing but money, and then have those assets from Terry as a cherry on top! Cap will be easy to come by for a team full of youth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad