Rumor: Trouba to Detroit (Rangers retaining)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I mean he can just consent and waive. I dunno why we would have to wait for that.
Does he have any sort of protection after that? There used to be some strange rules around trade protections and what happens if you waive them. At one point, I think you could actually lose your trade protection in the future if you waived it for a move.

I could see some minutia like that holding it up. Or Yzerman is just backing away because NYR couldn't keep their mouth shut to the press about it.

Reactions: Zetterberg4Captain

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
What would you send the Rangers for Trouba.? Realistically maybe Maatta and a 2nd or third round pick. If we could send Holl or Petry that would be a bonus but won't happen. I have a hunch Ghost walks. I expect Seider and Raymond cap hit will be between 15-16 million.. Do we sign Kane for 5.5 AAV for three years? What I do expect though is that Stevie is far from done with trades
Trouba has negative value. It’s why people are building packages that send Kakko to Detroit and Holl to NYR.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
creepystare-creepy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: ZDH

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
Ah, future considerations meaning either Trouba get traded here... or San Jose claims him on waivers and ships him here.

San Jose can’t retain salary so that option means we take on the entire 8 mil cap hit. It would make the Walman trade even worse.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
That could be bad for him if Yzerman finds a better opportunity between now and then.
Then I'll buy his wife some flowers. If Detroit finds an ACTUAL second pairing defenseman, that would be what's known as a LOGICAL acquisition, not another, "my foot isn't sore enough from the last time I shot it... let's try again" move.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
It's still a loss. The only way its neutral or a win for Detroit would be if Detroit doesn't send a pick or prospect and NYR sends over a prospect. If not Detroit adds an offensive winger that can't produce offense and a 3rd pairing defender that is bad defensively.
I think Trouba is dog shit and even I can see that’s a win. Joe Veleno is a 4th line scrub.

Reactions: SoupNazi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad