Injury Report: Trouba - returned from concussion 03/31

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
That sucks, but there is no stopping this train now.

If Trouba has to get injured, this is exactly the time to get injured.

Last edited:

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
Just don't rush him back. We will be fine without Trouba for 8 weeks.

P.S Ankle injury on this thing they calling ice in Anaheim. Not surprised

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Time to call up Sami Niku from Moose? 44gp and 27p as a 1st year D in AHL. Is 4th overall of D:s in points. Not as big and physical as Trouba, but a very good puckmover. Reminds me of Vatanen

Reactions: Ippenator

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
This is devastating. All you Trouba haters are going to see how much he means to this team when he's gone. I still have nightmares about last season during his hold out. Morrissey will start to look a whole lot more ordinary without Jacob by his side. Also buff back to playing 60 minutes a night will be awesome..

Better buckle up this will not be pretty the next month or so if true

By what I recall Morrissey was doing just fine before being paired with Trouba. In fact it was Trouba who improved and benefitted most from that paring. This is a taster of life without Trouba so let’s adapt and go forward.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Time to call up Sami Niku from Moose? 44gp and 27p as a 1st year D in AHL. Is 4th overall of D:s in points. Not as big and physical as Trouba, but a very good puckmover. Reminds me of Vatanen
He plays LD, and I doubt he'd be ready to handle the defensive responsibilities at the NHL level at this point.

Poolman is the obvious answer to step in on RD.

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
He plays LD, and I doubt he'd be ready to handle the defensive responsibilities at the NHL level at this point.

Poolman is the obvious answer to step in on RD.

I`d actually think Niku has played both positions? Might as well try him out a few games and if it doesnt work drop him back to Moose. With the injury-bug it would be good to give him a few games up if the situation gets worse...

Reactions: Ippenator

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Oh Damn.

That was a sneaky injury, never registered that one.

We'll be fine, but our game (and PK) may change a bit. Will the Jets hunt for a rental?

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
This could hurt his trade value potentially as he seems to be injured a lot.
Has he ever played a full year ?

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Not the news you want to hear. Better now than a couple or few weeks from now which could have potentially kept him out for round one of the playoffs. Hopefully his recovery goes as planned and he can return to the line-up with a couple of weeks left in the regular season schedule and get his game legs and rhythm back in time for the playoffs.

To be honest with our depth and the way this team has played this year to this point, I'm not concerned.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I`d actually think Niku has played both positions? Might as well try him out a few games and if it doesnt work drop him back to Moose. With the injury-bug it would be good to give him a few games up if the situation gets worse...

Niku's played a considerable amount of time at RD on the Moose the season.

Regardless of that, Poolman will certainly be the one getting the call-up.

Reactions: dabizz

ulf

Sep 21, 2002
sandy hook
Visit site
We play better when the forwards play a strong backchecking game. Lots of scoring up front when we need it. Morrisey and Chariot played very well together in the AHL playoffs a couple years back. Nice to have depth and options.

PerryPooley

Dec 28, 2011
I knew someone was getting injured that game with the way the Anaheim Dicks were throwing their weight around

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Bad news for the Jets as Trouba was really playing great. He and Morrissey have been rock solid this year.

I think it's laughable to panic at this stage. the guy is likely out 6 to 8 weeks, he didn't get his leg amputated. We'll have Buff, Myers, and Poolman on the right side. The Jets might have been in a position to pick up a depth D for the playoffs. Now they can go and do that early if they like (or they can wait and see if they need it), and then have the depth guy ready when Trouba is healthy for the playoffs.

Que the nonsense trade proposals on the main board for top pairing D men. I don't doubt people trying to "help" the Jets try to make it seem like moving Trouba for help now makes sense for us. lol.

Reactions: KingBogo
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I knew someone was getting injured that game with the way the Anaheim Dicks were throwing their weight around

It was Trouba cross checking Silfverberg that caused Jakob#1 to fall to the ice. Jacob#2 then tripped over him precipitating the injury.

Playing less like Stuart & more like Morrissey would have #8 healthy still. Being anchored to #5 for two seasons have him playing with some unhealthy habits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad