Trouba huge hit

Aug 3, 2010
It's an unfortunate outcome of a legal hit.

You don't have to like the end result. You don't have to appreciate the hit or like Trouba or be a fan of either teams or hits or whatever.
It's the same tired arguments over and over again (what a surprise!)

Lots of bickering in this thread from groups of people who:

1) Don't understand the pace the game is being played at while reviewing slow-motion replay and still-frame screenshots for analysis;

b. Aren't interpreting the rules correctly, either due to some kind of unfamiliarity while being a hockey fan on a hockey forum, or possible language barriers; and/or,

iii.) Conflate the issue of "dirtiness" or some kind of morality-based judgement against the issue of "legality" in a competitive, professional sports league with physicality as part of the code.

Being right doesn't win you anything other than being smug, which is all I have online, so please like/react to this post so I can feel something again.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheYardMachine

Bowski

Taking out the trash.
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
futurama-fry.gif

Trouba is so unlucky. When will his fortunes turn around?
giphy.gif

Scott Stevens and Chrissy Pronger are waiting at the flaming gates.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Looked like a typical Trouba headshot to me. If it didn't hit the head, then I assume he accidentally missed.

No, I'm not going to give the benefit of the doubt to a guy who always leads with the elbow.

It's an unfortunate outcome of a legal hit.
Why is it legal to hit the head with an extended elbow?

• Haha
Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Aug 3, 2010
s it legal to hit the head with an extended elbow?
If you bothered to read any significant part of the thread of 14 pages' length, you wouldn't be asking this question or framing it in the way you are.

I have no obligation or desire to provide this information for you as as the resources and accessibility to such exist on the same platform.

Like I said, I don't care what anyone's biases are towards or against Trouba but if you so easily admit that you're unable to view any particular instance of his actions objectively then it's probably best to post some kind of stock reply to every thread of his (the earlier part of your post would probably suffice) as a disclaimer and move on.

Kindly don't involve me or others unnecessarily in your own biases.

Last edited:

AppreciateHockey

Dec 12, 2023
Was this Barron´s first ever hockey game in his life ever? Does he not know who the last heavy hitters are, with Trouba being one of them? Why make that bonehead play? Even with minimal hockey IQ and just common sense. Why?

I'm all for protecting player's head's and I don't like Trouba because his hit's are usually borderline but this was self inflicted.

Reactions: Kupo and Fatass

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
Another play to add the never ending list of bone headed plays to Barron's list. I'm not defending the hit, it was unecessary... but what the hell is Barron doing coasting up the boards and cutting to the middle as he's getting it deep? He needs to be WAYYYY more alert than that, his state of mind on the ice is the biggest hurdle he'll need to overcome, he looks like a junior player out there most of the time.

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Habs fan.

That was a clean hit, Barron put his head down and paid the price after Trouba had already committed to the hit, and the original point of contact was the chest/shoulder.

The fact there is 14 pages and counting on this is kind of ridiculous, I guess it’s more about those looking to take out their frustrations on Trouba.

Would have liked to have seen more of a response from Montreal, if you watch the replay, you’ll see that Newhook saw the hit and turned away rather than attempt to engage. Reminded me of when Colby Armstrong hit Koivu coming around the net and Michael Ryder pretended he never saw anything happen, while Souray came in to take Armstrong to task.

Reactions: Fatass

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
Was it a legal hit? There seems to be some disagreement on it, mainly on the fact that the head was the main point of contact. Some say that it makes it automatically illegal, some say it does not.

Was it a dirty hit. f*** yes it was, and by one of the dirtiest player in the league. And some in this thread are trying to give the dirtiest player in the league the benefit of the doubt.
I suggest switching sports. This one isn’t for you.

It’s a textbook, elbow tucked, through the chest hit

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
I suggest switching sports. This one isn’t for you.

It’s a textbook, elbow tucked, through the chest hit
Funny when blokes say this, then when someone does the same to one of their stars, absolutely does the same as many on here saying it is a dirty hit from a dirty pos player.

Killswitch

May 22, 2022
Fine hit. He'll learn or he won't. I'm relatively stupid but I'd recognize Trouba is on the ice and maybe not think we're buds during the game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad