Speculation: Trouba Contract Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I am really happy for Morrissey. If Trouba doesn't want to be here then whatever, ship him out. I have full faith in Chevy's ability to get a satisfying return if JT is dealt.

But, really, this is a win for Josh. Seems like a good kid too.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Welp.
Announcing the trade demand isn't really operating in good faith. Immediately eats into the Jets bargaining position.

Maloney showed how you do it. You draw a line in the sand. You refuse to trade him. You force him to sign a team friendly deal. If he doesn't he can go play in europe.

You don't trade him now.

jetsfaneh

Feb 15, 2015
Josh Morrissey just made the team I think. If he looks good it will make a trade less pressing.

Overhardt will get the best contract and situation for his client. Current team means nothing to him. This is his move. The Jets and him were having a stare down and he blinked. Meyers had multiple surgeries in the off season. His trade value would have reflected that.

The Jets always said this negotiation wouldn't be done publicly. This is dirty pool and a power move on the part of Overhardt and his client. To suggest that this will lower the return I don't believe to be true. Kane needed to be traded and look at that haul. Other teams will be interested in Trouba. Teams. Plural. Somebody will pony up and not want to miss out of getting this caliber of player with that many years left on rights control. Just like Buffalo did with Kane. Expect it to be a multi-player deal when the return is right.

My guess is that the Jets just say that he is their property and that they would still like to get a deal done. And quietly listen to offers behind the scenes. If their are no solid fair offers then he sits. For as long as it takes. They will not cave. We are not in a win now window. And we have other pieces that can come into play in a bigger trade.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Maloney showed how you do it. You draw a line in the sand. You refuse to trade him. You force him to sign a team friendly deal. If he doesn't he can go play in europe.

You don't trade him now.

I agree. Take a stand chevy...unless somebody makes you an offer too good to turn down.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
No thanks.
Unless that plus is pretty big.

I'm a fan of both teams and have watched both players extensively. Trust me, Gardiner would be an awesome addition to Winnipeg.

Anyone expecting a player like Lindholm in return for Trouba is going to be very disappointed. Fact is he hasn't proven anything yet and has requested a trade, which reduces his value significantly.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg

You don't trade him now.

Got to agree.... I make him sign before I trade him.... We are not winning the cup this year we must make a statement the organization will not be pushed around. A move by a core player like this in 4 years could kill a chance at a playoff run. Have to nip this thing in the bud now when it doesn't really matter since we are a bubble team.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I'd want more, but Sanheim is a great start. Provorov plus something else, Morin perhaps

I agree, but Prov will never happen and they love Morin as Ghosts future partner.

Probably don't make good partners, but Provorov Trouba would be the new Suter Weber ,,,,,,, Trouba and Gudas down the right for Flyers would be mean as ****.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
okay. this is chevy's real test.

I would of thought the test (if there was one) it would of been signing our best young D to a long term deal and putting him in a position to succeed, which is now failed. Now it's about damage control.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I agree. Take a stand chevy...unless somebody makes you an offer too good to turn down.

Yzerman also waited out Drouin.

Interesting that this contradicts what Trouba told Wiecek earlier and what Chevy said today. Trouba had no doubt in his mind he would be in the Jets opening day lineup and Chevy said negotiations are ongoing.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

You don't trade him now.

Sad but true, run the team into the ground again this year (with our crap LHD) and make him sign him to good deal then trade him down road. Unreal bad for jets

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
If Trouba's demand is really about playing on the right side, than the Evander Kane trade seems to have come back and bite us in the ass. Unless Chevy can pull a miracle out of thin air and get a quality LHD back or sign Trouba, things could get very painful for the franchise.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Man, how depressing. Part of me thinks this has been brewing for a while, hence the investment in Myers (why couldn't he make the switch to LHD?) and Stanley. I'm a bit puzzled by a young player stating his key reasons as a desire to play in the top 4 in his natural position -- is anything like that sort of guarantee ever given in pro sports?

I get being unsettled and irritated by being forced to play out of position, but surprised by the claim that it's what is forcing the trade/

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
I would of thought the test (if there was one) it would of been signing our best young D to a long term deal and putting him in a position to succeed, which is now failed. Now it's about damage control.

Signing a long-term contract is a two-way street. One side didn't want to. The Kane situation turned out okay after Chevy made a move. The Trouba situation is similar, but much more impactful. This indeed is Chevy's real test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad