Confirmed with Link: Travis Konecny Signs Eight Year Extension ($8.75M AAV w/ Six Years of NMC and 2 Years of M-NTC)

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild #cutterwasright
May 26, 2012
You know it’s bad when EVERY prospect is assumed to hit in a daydreamy future projected lineup — with the rebuild over — and it still looks like utter crap. Half those guys will bust/underperform or get sold low (Frost in a 2027 lineup!). :laugh:
C’mon, you have to admit, a Cutter-Draisaitl-Michkov first line, with a Buium-Sanheim top pair is a good start, give them some credit

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Everyone is trying to sell tickets. It isnt about that in the Flyers case at all. They just flat out refuse to start from scratch and build it up. In their warped Gold Standard mind they need to be what they think is competitive every year.

Comcast is hand off. Flyers have a high budget and all the resources they need. They let the hockey ops people run the show. They run it very poorly. Sadly, Comcast hired those people.

Comcast clearly wants to field a mediocre team. They don’t want to to take the low ticket sale years it would take to get a cup contender. They are happy getting a star player to promote and then making the playoffs and selling seats consistently that way.

To illustrate, if you made the cup winning team the most profitable franchise then the Flyers would change their way while other teams like Carolina and Dallas would not.

Signing TK does little to help them win a cup in their time frame. He is there to sell tickets.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Comcast clearly wants to field a mediocre team. They don’t want to to take the low ticket sale years it would take to get a cup contender. They are happy getting a star player to promote and then making the playoffs and selling seats consistently that way.

To illustrate, if you made the cup winning team the most profitable franchise then the Flyers would change their way while other teams like Carolina and Dallas would not.

Signing TK does little to help them win a cup in their time frame. He is there to sell tickets.
Which is a major problem in itself.

No one is buying tickets because of Travis Konecny.

Hell, they have their cover to suck with Michkov this year with Hilferty slobbering over STH interest skyrocketing this year.

The opportunity is RIGHT THERE!

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg

I cant believe it's that. They are stupid, but I remember one pod where ASF, and Bundy referenced that Comcast felt the heat from the alumni - and don't want to face the backlash. Be it from Camillo influencing things, ignoring Snider's bday.

They said something like the alumni went with it with Hextall for a while but after it was clear it was failing, they werent going to put up with it anymore. Went along with Camillo's "new flyers" but after it was failing, they had enough again.

This is a line stolen from another site, but no other franchise is held in such a chokehold by its former players. None. They have a lot of pull, and control the STH portion of the fanbase. Comcast won't cross them.

It's f***ed. How this was ever sold as a rebuild, its disgusting. Don't piss on my leg, and tell me it's raining. Who the hell is likeable on this team? It's the same idiots on the ice with MAYBE one kid introduced a season.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They haven't tanked, but they're going to be the 2nd youngest team in the NHL this season or close to it. And will remain one of the youngest teams as they shed Deslauriers, Risto, Laughton, Seeler and eventually Hathaway over the next three seasons.

They traded Provorov for what is turning out to be (2) 1sts, (2) 2nds & Grans.
The only older player added by Briere is Hathaway.
Staal/Johnson are 7th D-men on one year deals. Eventually replaced by prospects.
He extended Seeler as a caddy for Drysdale.

Briere inherited Sanheim and Couts contracts, extended TK, that's your three veterans that teams like NJ traded for/bought in FA (Meier $8.8M, Palat $6M, Noesen $2.75M, Hamilton $9M, Pesce $5.5M, Dillon $4M - Meier cost 2023 1st, 2024 2nd, Mukhamadulin #20-2020)

TK isn't about rebuilding/not rebuilding.
They're already a PO caliber team if goalies are merely league average instead of 30th.

Think TK is more about how thin the FA market has become, instead of adding a couple 30 year old veterans two years from now they'll just ride their trio of veterans under long-term deals.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
They haven't tanked, but they're going to be the 2nd youngest team in the NHL this season or close to it. And will remain one of the youngest teams as they shed Deslauriers, Risto, Laughton, Seeler and eventually Hathaway over the next three seasons.

Staal/Johnson are 7th D-men on one year deals. Eventually replaced by prospects.

Briere inherited Sanheim and Couts contracts, extended TK, that's your three veterans that teams like NJ traded for/bought in FA (Meier $8.8M, Palat $6M, Noesen $2.75M, Hamilton $9M, Pesce $5.5M, Dillon $4M - Meier cost 2023 1st, 2024 2nd, Mukhamadulin #20-2020)

They're already a PO caliber team if goalies are merely league average instead of 30th.

Think TK is more about how thin the FA market has become, instead of adding a couple 30 year old veterans two years from now they'll just ride their trio of veterans under long-term deals.
we already know they aren't shedding those contracts...it's been pretty much proven this past season they do not want to move "culture" players

the only reason they were a bubble PO team this past season is because most of the other teams in the east were garbage...they played over their heads..between them coming back to earth and other teams not being as bad as they were..they shouldn't really be in a PO position...they might once more overachieve with the addition of MM but this is not a serious contending team

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
we already know they aren't shedding those contracts...it's been pretty much proven this past season they do not want to move "culture" players

the only reason they were a bubble PO team this past season is because most of the other teams in the east were garbage...they played over their heads..between them coming back to earth and other teams not being as bad as they were..they shouldn't really be in a PO position...they might once more overachieve with the addition of MM but this is not a serious contending team
Plus, the Flyers rode a hot goaltending tandem through most of the season, which is very unlikely to happen this coming season.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

The Metro this season I believe was the worst-performing single division in the 10 years of the current alignment.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

This is my take. I don’t think it is they don’t want low ticket sales for this purpose of discussion. Despite what we say they are smart business people. They would tolerate a step back or two. Then make up the diff on the back end. A winning team makes more than a fledgling team. Keep in mind when the Flyers stunk on late 80/early 90’s they still sold out for 5 years in a row. Now I know times have changed.

However imo it is the hockey people that do not want to tear it down and rebuild. Comcast to me lets them make the call. Until Comcast says we need a new approach and tear it down it will be the same ole same ole. That is just my opinion and maybe it is off base. They give the Flyers everything they need to be successful.

Also TK does not sell tickets. There Is not one person buying a ticket to see him play.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

This is so overblown. Who cares if the talent really isn't there. Youngest team mantra is just more deflection.

They are not a playoff caliber team. They are a below average NHL team.

TK is all about their piss poor management and everything in between. Has nothing to do with free agency.

Why can't you just say this organization is badly run?

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

The GM had 5 tradeable assets to move. He chooses to re-sign 4 of them and refuses to trade the other.

Let that sink in.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
This is my take. I don’t think it is they don’t want low ticket sales for this purpose of discussion. Despite what we say they are smart business people. They would tolerate a step back or two. Then make up the diff on the back end. A winning team makes more than a fledgling team. Keep in mind when the Flyers stunk on late 80/early 90’s they still sold out for 5 years in a row. Now I know times have changed.

However imo it is the hockey people that do not want to tear it down and rebuild. Comcast to me lets them make the call. Until Comcast says we need a new approach and tear it down it will be the same ole same ole. That is just my opinion and maybe it is off base. They give the Flyers everything they need to be successful.

Also TK does not sell tickets. There Is not one person buying a ticket to see him play.

Again if the Stanley cup winner got the most money every year I think it the flyers would tank.

Basically every team to win the cup has tanked. It’s the formula under the current rules. I am and was against tanking but have seen for sometime now that it’s the only way.

Companies don’t usually succeed with 0s on the books. They want consistency. That’s what they have with a bubble team or a lower end playoff team.

If you are on Facebook, check out comments there. TK is loved and although you may not buy a ticket to see him, he boosts sales for them by being here vs if he was traded.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Again if the Stanley cup winner got the most money every year I think it the flyers would tank.

Basically every team to win the cup has tanked. It’s the formula under the current rules. I am and was against tanking but have seen for sometime now that it’s the only way.

Companies don’t usually succeed with 0s on the books. They want consistency. That’s what they have with a bubble team or a lower end playoff team.

If you are on Facebook, check out comments there. TK is loved and although you may not buy a ticket to see him, he boosts sales for them by being here vs if he was traded.
I do not buy that in any way. Their ticket sales remain the same with or without TK.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
If they did the best thing and sell guys like TK, Laughton, Hathaway they would likely lose ticket sales from this fan base. If nothing else, from a signal to not worry about this team for the next 5 years.
We disagree. I don't think that would be the case at all.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I think 2027-28 is when they expect to become competitive as in top 8 quality.
By then, the top picks in 2025 should arrive, or the players acquired in trades for those picks.

Farabee (27) - Luchanko (21) - Michkov (22)
Tippett (28) - Frost (28) - TK (30)
Foerster (25) - Couts (35) - Brink (26)
Avon (24) - Poehling (29) - Tuomaala (24)
Bump (23) - Rizzo (26) - Barkey (22) - Berglund (21) - Ruohonen (21) - Desnoyers (25)

York (26) - Sanheim (31)
Andrae (25) - Drysdale (25)/Bonk (22)
McDonald (25) - Sotheran (22)

Ersson (27) - Zavragin (22) - Bjarnason (22) - Kolosov (25)

Obviously, there will be changes, they'll probably make a major trade or two.
But even 3 years from now, this will be one of the younger teams in the league.
That is a very weak line up. Needs more top 10 talents in the draft IMO. Needs... a rebuild.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
By then, the top picks in 2025 should arrive, or the players acquired in trades for those picks.

Bump (23) - Rizzo (26) - Barkey (22) - Berglund (21) - Ruohonen (21) - Desnoyers (25)

York (26) - Sanheim (31)

you have posted similar lineup projections over the years. how have they panned out?

Not one projection has Jett as #1 center. Or you just going by default on the Flyers?

That is a shit lineup. What will they re-sign RP for? The Scott Laughton special?

Reactions: TheKingPin

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The contract isn't bad if this was maybe a team with a chance to win but this team is garbage and will remain garbage for most of this contract. I do like The Neck though so I'm not super mad because I guess I'll get to watch at least a couple players I like when they lose 40+ games a year for the next few years.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012

York (26) - Sanheim (31)

That center depth and that D… woof

If Michkov goes down with an injury that season, we‘ll get our wish of having a top 5 pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Plus, the Flyers rode a hot goaltending tandem through most of the season, which is very unlikely to happen this coming season.
Overall the Flyers had the third WORST goaltending in terms of GA - xGA.
Ersson had a meltdown after Hart left, before then they had average goaltending.
So the goaltending is not the reason they were in the playoff hunt, the collapse of the goaltending is what cost them a PO spot.

So it's hard to imagine the goaltending being worse this season.
NJ, which finished behind them, had better overall goaltending last season.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This is so overblown. Who cares if the talent really isn't there. Youngest team mantra is just more deflection.

They are not a playoff caliber team. They are a below average NHL team.

TK is all about their piss poor management and everything in between. Has nothing to do with free agency.

Why can't you just say this organization is badly run?
They were 8th in xGF% (5x5 SVA) last season, 13th in xGF/60, 7th in xGA/60.
PP was piss poor, that's the biggest problem, Michkov will obviously help there.
Goalies were piss poor, Ersson/Fedotov get a shot, then in a couple years, the young goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad