Rumor: Travis Konecny looking for ~10M/Y on a long term deal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
some teams get real stupid real quick.

The team he's asking for this money from is very much on that list. I hope like hell this is enough to convince them to trade him, as we have way more RW talent than anything else and we could use the pipeline replenishment, but I fear we're just going to give him what he's asking for.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Great player and what he did dragging that corpse of a Flyers offense around last year was mighty impressive and entirely underrated.

For me, there’s more to TK in terms of being capable of being a focal point of a line than other small guys like DeBrincat who I see as purely complimentary on a good line or other big stats but all offense wingers like Kyrou (who do make a ton of money)…I think that’s a distinction that is worth making before everybody goes ham on “well player X has this many point and TK has this many points therefore…this equals that.”

All that said…this is just negotiation. I would not be surprised to see him around “8” though.

Reactions: hn777

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Great player and what he did dragging that corpse of a Flyers offense around last year was mighty impressive and entirely underrated.

For me, there’s more to TK in terms of being capable of being a focal point of a line than other small guys like DeBrincat who I see as purely complimentary on a good line or other big stats but all offense wingers like Kyrou (who do make a ton of money)…I think that’s a distinction that is worth making before everybody goes ham on “well player X has this many point and TK has this many points therefore…this equals that.”

All that said…this is just negotiation. I would not be surprised to see him around “8” though.
Konecny is also an all offense winger. His defense is atrocious

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
It works like that all the time.
so you're saying management is gonna come back at him offering ~6 then they're gonna meet in the middle at 7-8?

management is gonna come back at him at 8-8.5M and his agent is gonna push for 9

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I like TK a lot as a player. He's talented and fun to watch. But I'm sure even he knows he's not getting 10.

8.5 - 9 or something could happen. It still feels a bit high, but it could happen. The lift of forwards in that range is guys like Guentzel, Meier, Larkin, Zibanejad, Horvat, Scheifele, Drai, Forsberg, PLD.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
so you're saying management is gonna come back at him offering ~6 then they're gonna meet in the middle at 7-8?

management is gonna come back at him at 8-8.5M and his agent is gonna push for 9
The Nashville Predators initiate the arbitration process with their filing, but likely cost themselves substantial money with an offer of $4.75 million US, a minimal increase for a player nominated for a Norris Trophy. Weber's group put forward $8.5 million.

The arbitrator awards Weber $7.5 million.

2000: LeClair​

John LeClair sets a new mark and then some after he was awarded $7 million. LeClair went for the moon at $9 million, while the Philadelphia Flyers submitted a $4.6 million proposal. Thus, LeClair got himself a 92 per cent raise from the previous year's salary.

These are just arbitration examples. Its the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad