Travis Green next HC of Senators?

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Another card carrying member of the obc gets another job without qualifications.

Anyone that gives credit to tho COVID Canucks season to Green needs their heads examined. It was all demko, any time the puck was in the defensive end it was a fire drill with absolutely no system at all. No zone, no manmarking.

Also, if Ottawa has vets or grinders, they will have more ice time than the young stars. Prepare for harmonic to be your ice time leader :laugh:

Reactions: Regal

DVision44

Nov 30, 2017
It's strange that he got another position so soon. I suspect he hasn't spend enough time reflecting and learning as an assistant coach that he's learned enough to become an effective coach in his second stint as so often happens.

His main shortcoming is that he doesn't know how to coach defense in his own zone. That's a major, major liability and it's one that the Sens struggled with all this season. Adding Green is not going to help matters.
Funny thing is he claimed he had in his interview after becoming interim coach...

Not only did he have the Devils playing poorly despite having MUCH better goaltending than his predecessor... he made them BORING!!

Good luck Sens fans...

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Not who I would hire.

There are so many better coaches with connections to Ottawa, including Brind’Amour, Julien, Cassidy, etc.

Poor Claude Julian lives in Navan and was asking for a job lol

If Julian doesn’t get a HC job Staios should give him an Associate Coach gig in Ottawa.

He could help and make Sens fans better at the same time.

Reactions: HabsQC

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Poor Claude Julian lives in Navan and was asking for a job lol

If Julian doesn’t get a HC job Staios should give him an Associate Coach gig in Ottawa.

He could help and make Sens fans better at the same time.
Came here to ask why Julien didn't get a call given that he lived in Ottawa, or at least close.

On Kyrpeos' show he threw out this was a... cheap move, or cheaper than the other options...

Reactions: Guttersniped

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I can't fathom why they would do this. Other than to kick their own fanbase while they're already down.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Travis Green...

You'd think Melnyk was still pulling the strings from the grave.

Reactions: Altimus

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Far from who I would pick, but its really funny seeing people delude themselves into thinking they know a) what makes a good coach and b) which guys do or dont have those qualities.

Not saying no one does, but it takes a lot of info and knowledge to actually evaluate. And I have seen some of the most knowledgeable, connected people on these boards say that they aren't qualified to comment.

Canucks fans know what Travis Green is about.

His teams played with very little structure and accountability compared to what we've seen under Tocchet.

Anybody who knows hockey can understand what a well-coached team looks like compared to a poorly-coached team regardless of talent.

His unwarranted smug attitude doesn't help either... "I played in the Show so I don't have to explain myself to anyone despite my shit results."

EDIT: Albeit people can learn and improve. Perhaps he's taken the lessons from his previous failures and will be better in Ottawa. Sen bros have suffered enough so I'm hoping this is the case.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
If there is one coach who would've done wonders with the Senators, it would've been Alain Vigneault.

But he retired so that option is out the window.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Maybe an ideal coach... If the goal was to perennially underachieve for a better draft pick

I think he must be fantastic during interviews

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Canucks fans know what Travis Green is about.

His teams played with very little structure and accountability compared to what we've seen under Tocchet.

Anybody who knows hockey can understand what a well-coached team looks like compared to a poorly-coached team regardless of talent.

His unwarranted smug attitude doesn't help either... "I played in the Show so I don't have to explain myself to anyone despite my shit results."

EDIT: Albeit people can learn and improve. Perhaps he's taken the lessons from his previous failures and will be better in Ottawa. Sen bros have suffered enough so I'm hoping this is the case.
Your edit is exactly my point. We can evaluate past results but using them to authoritatively predict the future is a fools game. The players are different, his bosses will be different, his staff will be different… maybe just maybe his approach and/or results will be, too.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
The Sens are likely headed to the basement with this hire. That franchise almost doesn't do anything right. I mean, Gallant is the better option at this point for the Sens.

The Sens are likely headed to the basement with this hire. That franchise almost doesn't do anything right. I mean, Gallant is the better option at this point for the Sens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad