Senovision

May 23, 2011
1716079462997.png

Travis Green as a kid. ( not really)

• Haha
Reactions: armani and BigRig4

Senovision

May 23, 2011
By sheer osmosis we should be better next year...shouldn't we????
Especially after 7 years of not making the playoffs...
IF....( If if's and buts were cherries and nuts everyday would be Christmas) I know, I know

But... IF....we get

1.even a marginal upgrade in player personnel by Staios.defense, forward, possibly goaltending
2. Improved goaltending as in the goalies play a bit better next year.. maybe even goalie personnel.
3. Less injuries and few of our players come back healthy.
4. Less crazy situations around the team. (hopefully the Looney Tunes environment is over under new ownership....hopefully). It was hard to go to work each day in the turmoil and craziness that has surrounded our team over the past many many seasons. Hopefully the craziness is tamped down.
5. New coach and hopefully new assistant coaches. A few fresh voices should make an improvement.
6. All of our current roster players will have had another year of seasoning and are wanting to put the losing behind them.
7. Some good luck at the draft.

So if we get all of the above to happen we can all ASSUME we will at least be bordering on the playoffs....and maybe even a playoff team next year......
Oh yeah ooops I wrote assume above...you know what assuming can do (it can make an ass out of you and me)....

So
If we make the playoffs next year it won't all be on Mr. Green Jeans shoulders, but it will be because of many events, acquisitions, and hopefully some good luck for once going our way.
Go Sens go!

Reactions: PierresGabriels

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
By sheer osmosis we should be better next year...shouldn't we????
Especially after 7 years of not making the playoffs...
IF....( If if's and buts were cherries and nuts everyday would be Christmas) I know, I know

But... IF....we get

1.even a marginal upgrade in player personnel by Staios.defense, forward, possibly goaltending
2. Improved goaltending as in the goalies play a bit better next year.. maybe even goalie personnel.
3. Less injuries and few of our players come back healthy.
4. Less crazy situations around the team. (hopefully the Looney Tunes environment is over under new ownership....hopefully). It was hard to go to work each day in the turmoil and craziness that has surrounded our team over the past many many seasons. Hopefully the craziness is tamped down.
5. New coach and hopefully new assistant coaches. A few fresh voices should make an improvement.
6. All of our current roster players will have had another year of seasoning and are wanting to put the losing behind them.
7. Some good luck at the draft.

So if we get all of the above to happen we can all ASSUME we will at least be bordering on the playoffs....and maybe even a playoff team next year......
Oh yeah ooops I wrote assume above...you know what assuming can do (it can make an ass out of you and me)....

So
If we make the playoffs next year it won't all be on Mr. Green Jeans shoulders, but it will be because of many events, acquisitions, and hopefully some good luck for once going our way.
Go Sens go!
Whose green jeans

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
We have been harping on accountability all season, and now we have an experienced NHL head coach who is known for holding players accountable. Could be exactly what your young stars need to take the next step and stay there.

I do also like that Green is in a spot where other coaches have made adjustments to their coaching through experience, and are also able to take the next step in their own development.

As has been pointed out by many, we are in a transition period to the next group of veteran NHL coaches who are leading the way, building their reps, and winning. I would prefer that we proceed in this direction as opposed to hiring a guy hoping for a return to past glory.

I love that we brought in Martin and Alfie while they waited for the off season to shake coaches free, brought the team back to its respected roots for a few months before taking a step out again in a different direction than the last several years.

I suspect that we’ll even look different to UFAs now that we have some real respected hockey personalities in the front office to boot.

If Green can get our guys back to being that hard to play against team, but one that wins, if he can help Stu, Brady, Bath, Sandy and Pinto take another step? I think more players will want to come play with these guys, especially some young Americans who will be playing with Brady and Sandy, and maybe Pinto on the international stage for years to come.

Holiday morning rambles… :)

Reactions: LiseL

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
We need to acquire a big, strong, physical, effective RD to the roster next season. If we don't we won't make the playoffs.

Goaltending will require fixing too; however we are already spending a lot of $$$ there and would have to jettison Korpisalo and his contract to get the $$$. Not easy to do.

Hopefully Green will implement a more defensively effective system for the forwards in all 3 zones, particularly in our own D zone. That is a key need too.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Good Old buddy,

we have had 17 years of being Ostridges. Head in the sand, ass UP.

At some point, as a fan base, as a city, as a community. We need to be a tad more defiant. A tad harsher on the team.

At some point, we need to stop calling that obese person "stout", or "full".. but Fat. The Kid who is failing in school, because he does not study, when do we stop saying "he is not applying himself".. How about he is lazy?

7 years out of the playoffs. 7 years of being fed shit about how great things will be. About how are guys are special. About how they are doing the right things.

How about we call a fat person, fat?
I feel it's imperative to point out that ostriches don't bury their heads in the sand.

• Haha
Reactions: Loach

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Only my opinion but that hiring feels like the beginning of a 4 years turnaround with a complete turnover of the roster

Cant imagine this is the guy we go to a cup with

Last edited:
Reactions: Senovision

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Good Old buddy,

we have had 17 years of being Ostridges. Head in the sand, ass UP.

At some point, as a fan base, as a city, as a community. We need to be a tad more defiant. A tad harsher on the team.

At some point, we need to stop calling that obese person "stout", or "full".. but Fat. The Kid who is failing in school, because he does not study, when do we stop saying "he is not applying himself".. How about he is lazy?

7 years out of the playoffs. 7 years of being fed shit about how great things will be. About how are guys are special. About how they are doing the right things.

How about we call a fat person, fat?
Bro don't you remember what happened when we booed the team? Some fans and some players got their feels hurt.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
The last time this team had 100+ points was 2006-2007.

Think we'll get there before the 20th anniversary?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

maybe we should rebuild and hire the rebuild experts Dorion and DJ to guide the ship.

Its going to be an interesting year, I want to see us get better and play a style that gives us a chance... IMO lots of work to do regardless of how you spin how close they have been the last 2 seasons.

• Haha
Reactions: Alex1234

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
Bro don't you remember what happened when we booed the team? Some fans and some players got their feels hurt.
Yup.. If you scroll back to the origins of the comment, you will get a better picture.

October/November of 2023 was different. We were still under the myth of the great rebuild. There was a shine on them and on everyone.

By late November, Dorion is fired. Late December Smith is fired.

Late January, Jacques Martin, more or less throws up his hands.

Media, which for the previous 5 years had used kid gloves, stopped. I was floored by how harsh Marc Methot's analysis of them was.

So, the chick who thought she was good looking, and had the attitude to go with it and the Diva stance, has been told she is not that pretty.

This batch has been humbled. Now is the time to tell the Diva; Pay for your own drink.

We no longer have anything to fear. If they want out, fine, get rid of them. We cannot win with them. What then. is the difference if we have or don't have them? If the Not so good looking chick is angry at you not paying for the drink, What the F do you lose?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Only my opinion but that hiring feels like the beginning of a 4 years turnover with a complete turnover of the roster

Cant imagine this is the guy we go to a cup with

That's a definite possibility. This roster is constructed horribly. Will be difficult to turn it into a contender.

Reactions: Alex1234

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA

Insane to think our most successful regular season since then was….the ham burglar run where we miraculously made the playoffs in game 82 (99 points total)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad