Management Travis Green [Head Coach]

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Have you considered that the candidates that you would approve of wanted to wait until the offseason when more options become available and they improve their own leverage? There are two parties involved in every hire, typically the top candidates can be patient, maybe if we were a team viewed as a condender right off the bat, we might be able to draw in a top option midseason, but that wasn't the cards we were played.

We aren't Edmonton, we don't have McDavid, and we weren't seen as a cup favourite, it's a lot easier for that team to convince a coach to sign now rather than wait until more options become available. Even then, a hire of Knaublach likely would have resulted in even more criticism for getting another budget hire with no experience,

Waiting gave us Travis Green….

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Two games in and you think you know what that means

There were candidates available last December as good or perhaps better than Green…. Having a head coach, instead of a substitute teacher, would have accelerated the buy in, to the new system….

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Too early to crap on Green 3 games in.

That doesn’t mean that those that were very skeptical about the hire can’t reiterate that however .

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
The Canucks won two rounds in the playoffs under him beating Minnesota in the playing round and the defending champ blues in the next round before taking the VGK to 7 games, but I guess we can ignore that one...
Sure, but the ubderlying numbers for that team were bottom of the league and they were basically bailed out by their goaltending.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
There were candidates available last December as good or perhaps better than Green…. Having a head coach, instead of a substitute teacher, would have accelerated the buy in, to the new system….
You seem to be ignoring the part where candidates being available doesn't mean they are willing to sign at that time. I guy like Berube and Evanson were getting paid to wait until the offseason, why are they jumping to sign in Dec when they'll have more options in July?

As for as good or better, again, you know this because you watched two games?

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The best thing about Tonight vs LA. was the team played like it’s coach, to never die, it accepted its limitations, it decided it was going to be the winning team, and it used all its resources to win.

Our team needs lots of things to turn around , but if you could narrate it simply it would be to take on the personality of its coach. So a massive step in the right direction tonight

Last edited:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I wonder if "Average" will be the new "We are a team" ?
I don’t think the two really relate though.

Dorion thought “we are a team” was a compliment/brag to describe what was happening.

Green very clearly settled on “average” because he didn’t want to say what his face betrayed on tv. No reason to be overly harsh to the kid.

Reactions: Dionysus

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Dorion thought “we are a team” was a compliment/brag to describe what was happening.
Did you ever see that interview?

Dorion was a deer caught in the headlights. He had no idea what to say, so he said the first thing that came to his mind, and since it was Dorion, that first thought was stupid.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Did you ever see that interview?

Dorion was a deer caught in the headlights. He had no idea what to say, so he said the first thing that came to his mind, and since it was Dorion, that first thought was stupid.
Haha, yes, but Dorion stuck with it several times afterwards. It’s like he thought he came up with a good one or something…

Green wasn’t a deer caught in headlights, he was asked a question and didn’t want to answer truthfully to throw the kid under the buss, but didn’t want to sugar coat it either. “Average” was what he came up with.

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

We are 2-1, I also want a winning road record. We had our 3rd string goalie and we’re down our 2nd best Dman tonight, and we won, what else do you want, a sacrifice?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
You seem to be ignoring the part where candidates being available doesn't mean they are willing to sign at that time. I guy like Berube and Evanson were getting paid to wait until the offseason, why are they jumping to sign in Dec when they'll have more options in July?

Young Sens fans will learn in time not to bet against Travis Green.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

No, because I watched 55 games with the substitute teacher last season, and then watching the team struggling to adjust to another brand new system

We are 2-1, I also want a winning road record. We had our 3rd string goalie and we’re down our 2nd best Dman tonight, and we won, what else do you want, a sacrifice?

Giving up 7 goals is not anything to crow about

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad