Management Travis Green [Head Coach]

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That was most likely from a coaching change bump I would wager. IIRC they barely had time to do any practices during the transition and Martin wasn't able to participate on the ice..
Nvm thought we were talking about Florida

Martin right away you could see changes. We didn’t exercise them well right away. But you could he was implementing something. One thing was the patience in the d. They would suck in fire checkers and then hand it off to the other d. Breakouts were SO much better. DJ and green preach getting that first d to move the puck ASAP. Whether it’s too a forward or to the boards. Or out to center they don’t seem to care.

Last edited:

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
I hope you can find a way to get this team to play with urgency and intensity night after night. See Florida or Carolina.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Was Jacques not part of the vetting process when looking for a new coach? I may be misremembering but did he not vouch for Green?
I remember Steve saying he was not that involved

There’s no way Jacques wouldn’t be saying these guys need a stricter hand. Not just hard training camps. They need structure and strategy and communicators.

They’re low IQ players. They need to be told what to do and when to do it and how to do it. Every single player improved under Martin except for chychrun and korpisalo.

I find it hard to believe he would have been in camp Green if involved.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I remember Steve saying he was not that involved

There’s no way Jacques wouldn’t be saying these guys need a stricter hand. Not just hard training camps. They need structure and strategy and communicators.

They’re low IQ players. They need to be told what to do and when to do it and how to do it. Every single player improved under Martin except for chychrun and korpisalo.

I find it hard to believe he would have been in camp Green if involved.
Well there is also Yeo and Baumgartner and Alfie. I find it more hard to believe that given the feedback that Jacques most definitely gave to upper management that they didn't reach out to him to get his thoughts on potential new hires that were possible.

Reactions: DrEasy

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Have you seen who we're playing the next 8 games? Do you feel confident they're going to come out with even a .500 record? Let alone a winning record?

Not too confident, but 2 games is still too soon. And I’m saying the this as someone who thought Travis Green was a loser coach before we hired him. He hasn’t had even close to a fair shake yet to bust out the red flags.

Reactions: DrEasy

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Have you seen who we're playing the next 8 games? Do you feel confident they're going to come out with even a .500 record? Let alone a winning record?
We've played two games.

No one reasonable is feeling confident: this roster haa never had a winning season and choked pretty damn hard when it came pretty close to making the playoffs when we got Chychrun.

We'll see what happens. Let's give the coach, his staff and the players a bit of time to cook, while also acknowledging that we sucked a lot last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad