Management Travis Green [Head Coach]

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
To me, Chabot's issue is he always seems to think he's got more time than he does. When he has time and space, he can make some great plays. When he gets pressured, he's often wrapped up in looking for that perfect play and gets himself cornered.
Hope he learns how to make the safe play soon instead of always trying to make that perfect play.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
Jenson, Hamonic and Kleven all played almost exactly 17 minutes each. However, Hamonic and Kleven had 17/18 shifts while every other dman had 28 or more. So, it looks like when Hamonic and Kleven were on the ice, they got caught out on long, long, long shifts. Probably explains why they didn't PK so much, probably gassed from those extra long shifts.
For Kleven, I think it's because he's a rookie still learning his role. PK is a skill. I'm sure in time he'll be given an opportunity on the PK.

I wonder who'll be in the line-up for the Montreal game: Hamonic or JBD. Either choice wouldn't surprise me. A lot of coaches don't make changes when the team wins. Maybe Hamonic gets a mulligan because it was against the Panthers or maybe JBD if they didn't like Hamonic's play or feel he can't handle a full schedule. I also wonder who will be in net, hoping it's Linus.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Was a huge part. Worst room in hockey. Doesn't mean they're were bad guys but there was a bad culture. There was a reason they were bought out.
Really? It's so long ago I will have to go back and see what I can find.

I never heard anything about that previously. They were just crazy long and crazy expensive contracts to begin with.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Oh, OK. Learn something new every day I suppose. What does it mean though? Is he saying he was surprised to learn Julien was an assistant in St. Louis?
It's been used a lot on FB posts or whatever for quite some time now.

Yes, it means I am surprised to learn.

To me, Chabot's issue is he always seems to think he's got more time than he does. When he has time and space, he can make some great plays. When he gets pressured, he's often wrapped up in looking for that perfect play and gets himself cornered.
I find he freezes when he has too much time as well. He overthinks and then rushes to make a play.

He needs to simplify, and skate the puck out when he can, quick passes up and then pick his spots in the offensive zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad