Management Travis Green [Head Coach]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
We could have Jesus Christ behind the bench next year and if we run it back with the Korpisalo/Forsberg tandem it wouldn't matter.
Sure, but hiring a shit coach who hasn't done jack f***ing shit in his years of coaching besides making the playoffs once in a covid year were it was apparently all because of Demko according to Canuck fans isn't the right thing to do.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
I don't think SS thinks this team is very good. This hire sort of screams starting over to me.

Either way, it won't matter if Korpisalo is here come October. Team is doomed with him playing ~40 and it doesn't matter a lick who the coach is.
Like I was saying yesterday, I don't think fans and management are seeing eye to eye about the state of this team.

I still absolutely hate this hire.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I don't think SS thinks this team is very good. This hire sort of screams starting over to me.

Either way, it won't matter if Korpisalo is here come October. Team is doomed with him playing ~40 and it doesn't matter a lick who the coach is.

Makes you wonder what Martin's and Alfie's honest assessment was behind closed doors. I mean, DJ leaves and you have two legends behind the bench, and it didn't do a thing to motivate this group to play better. That had to be noted somewhere within management.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Makes you wonder what Martin's and Alfie's honest assessment was behind closed doors. I mean, DJ leaves and you have two legends behind the bench, and it didn't do a thing to motivate this group to play better. That had to be noted somewhere within management.
Jacques apparently expects us to fight for the playoffs. This is from the article @Crosside posted yesterday:
Enfin, au sujet de cette « prochaine étape » à laquelle les Sénateurs aspirent depuis trop longtemps, est-ce que le moment d’y croire est enfin venu ? Est-ce qu’enfin, le club pourrait penser à bagarrer pour une place en séries la saison prochaine ?

À ce sujet, la réponse de Jacques Martin ne se fait pas attendre : « Oui, définitivement. »

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Sure, but hiring a shit coach who hasn't done jack f***ing shit in his years of coaching besides making the playoffs once in a covid year were it was apparently all because of Demko according to Canuck fans isn't the right thing to do.
Oh yeah, I 100% agree. I don't mean to exonerate the bad hire.

Congrats to whoever put some money down on Green becoming head coach at +6000
I actually saw a couple people on twitter who did lol.
Jacques apparently expects us to fight for the playoffs. This is from the article @Crosside posted yesterday:
That's a glimmer of good news then.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
I guess the bar is low for me, I'm just happy we didn't hire a no name coach yet again. Jury's still out on Green, who knows what he can do with the roster (that's still not set for next season).

• Haha
Reactions: NyQuil

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Like I was saying yesterday, I don't think fans and management are seeing eye to eye about the state of this team.

I still absolutely hate this hire.
I don't blame anyone for hating it. It is a bad look imo. But yes, this really tells me there's more of a reset happening than gearing up for playoffs next year.

I'm reserving judgement simply because of the incompetence that led us to this point from the previous regime.
I'm sure it was. The state of the team is concerning. As someone pointed out yesterday, Chabot is about to be as old as Karlsson was when he was dealt and they were blowing shit up cuz they thought they were too old. Tkachuk is on his 7th losing season and his career is damn near half over.

I really think we may see some profound changes that may lead this thing in to the next phase. Guys like the above that are getting up there and surely getting frustrated, may not even be a part of the vision going forward.

It seems obvious that success won't be had during Giroux's career, so he's another one likely out of the picture.

And like I said in the post you guys quoted, I have no faith in a team Korpisalo is gonna play ~40 games for, so imo, we can throw in the towel if that's the plan as it seems to be. He is a team killer and it won't matter who is coach.

Reactions: lang006 and Emrasie

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
It keeps getting worse. Friedman saying that we went far in negotiations with Berube but the issue was the money.

BEST IN CLASS HAHAHAHAHAHA

I am just done man, I can’t justify shit like this anymore. I need a second team like a motherf***er.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Oh well.

Hilarious , looking back, to think McLellan, Berube or anyone who has major pedigree would come to little 'ol Ottawa. Who are we kidding guys. WE are the Ottawa Senators. Small market , arena in the boonies (which i personally like), high taxes, dead dwontwon, doesn't scream a major destination. We aren't getting anything notable, ever. The only reason Tarasenko even came was his agent waited and he got priced out of real hockey markets.

Just be thankful it isn't some rookie coach I guess. I did like what Drance and Lalji have said, which helps somewhat. He is hard on players with details, and the coaching staff and management feel this is what the team needs most. Timmy is getting benched. Finally.

Four years tells the players that if they don't like him, they can leave. That is why they give these types of contracts to coaches. The same reason Martin did not get their full respect (save for the true professionals on this team). Same reason you have to look at Green's record with a grain of salt after Lindy Ruff was fired.

What I don't get is Claude Julien didn't get it...like the guy has won and is from here.

Reactions: Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad