Traverse City Tournament

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Are the Jackets lacking centers? Kind of strange to play Malatesta there. He has not played center for at least 3 years. Nice to read he did well anyway.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Triatan Mullin is a #cawledge hockey guy and had a real nice outing. Gordie Howe hat trick for the kid, wonder if he could get a minor league deal?

Last edited:

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Are the Jackets lacking centers? Kind of strange to play Malatesta there. He has not played center for at least 3 years. Nice to read he did well anyway.
Boyd, Angle and Fonstad could have played there but I think they all played wing lately too.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

I’d say the Traverse City Prospect CBJ have about the same center depth as the NHL CBJ.

Sillinger, while very impactful at center, would probably be better on the wing. No other player the team had playing center seemed very skilled, Malatesta included.

I wonder about Rysavy, Mullin or Meyer possibly playing center.

Last edited:

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I’d say the Traverse City Prospect CBJ have about the same center depth as the NHL CBJ.

Sillinger, while very impactful at center, would probably be better on the wing. No other player the team had playing center seemed very skilled, Malatesta included.

I wonder about Rysavy or Meyer possibly playing center.

Malatesta is more of an energy/forecheck player and a goal scorer. Playmaking isn't his game. That's why I was surprised to see him at center.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I won't worry about a players possible future NHL position based on where any of these guys are currently playing at in a propects tournament. The CBJ have a big hole in their organization up the middle of the ice so they are going to try a lot of these young players to see if somethoing clicks. Whether they can play their or not will be determined in time.

I didn't get to watch the first game so I am excited to watch some hockey tonight and to get a look at these young players.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Chinakhov had the first and fourth goals, SIllinger the third. Who had the second CBJ goal? Portzline and CBJ prospects aren't providing many updates.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Chinakhov had the first and fourth goals, SIllinger the third. Who had the second CBJ goal? Portzline and CBJ prospects aren't providing many updates.
The second Jake Gaudet.

Probably not Sillinger as well. The Red Wing crew calling the game are impressed with his two way game.
I really like him. IMHO he could be a good center but he must work FO%.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio

I think it was Jake Gaudet. He also had the 5th goal.

Highlight of the game - the announcer talking about the Jackets and he goes on and on about how much fun it is to watch Cam Atkinson play.

Reactions: VeseleTlacovky

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
That was fun. A little sloppy but fun. Good to see a hockey game. Chinakhov has a good shot but I wouldn't annoint him to the team alreadty based on a couple of games against junior/college level players and invites. But he looked bigger than I imagined/remembered. Saw some good plays and potential from a few guys. Good stuff.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
That was fun. A little sloppy but fun. Good to see a hockey game. Chinakhov has a good shot but I wouldn't annoint him to the team alreadty based on a couple of games against junior/college level players and invites. But he looked bigger than I imagined/remembered. Saw some good plays and potential from a few guys. Good stuff.
I agree. I feel the same about Sillinger, but it is nice to see the ‘potential’ in the young players so soon.

Last edited:

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I could see both Chinakov & Silly starting the season in Cleveland, tearing up the AHL & getting promoted to Columbus before the season is half over.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I agree. I feel the same about Sillinger, but it is nice to see the ‘potential’ in the young players so soon.

Yes Sillinger too. It makes me cringe at the thought that any of these young players would be in the opening night lineup (especially this season) whether they "look" ready or not. The team should be using this year to let their young players develop in lower leagues while utilizing other players like Hofmann and/or Danforth for those borderline roster slots. The team should continue to navigate through this rebuild and if things go as projected they will have another down season and another opportunity to stock the prospect pool shelves next offseason (sorry to the anti-tank police). Chinakhov looks a bit further ahead in the develop game but it would be best for him to start in Cleveland to work on the parts of his game that need it. He can always be brought back to the team in as the season progresses. I see no reason to rush ANY of these prospects onto the immediate roster. None.

Chinakhov, Sillinger and Svozil all stood out well at times throughout the game last night. With Marchenko and Voronkov hopefully on the way in the next couple of years, another strong draft next season along with our current young players and I can't help but be excited for the near future.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Just saw the highlights of the Dallas game. I agree with you all above about the talent we now have seen a glimpse of, but of course trying to be cautious with optimism. Angle has raised my eyebrows couple of times and, at least to some degree, changed my opinion of his potential. He's got speed, hands and playmaking ability to play in the NHL. Seemed to find some chemistry with Chinakhov and Sillinger too, maybe they'll be the top line for Monsters this year?

Reactions: VeseleTlacovky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad