Traverse City “Tournament”

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Huh, I thought Danielson and Nygard looked better after the first. Nygard's bomb shot caused a rebound goal.

As for Finnie.
3b0a8d09fa9f0e78266fa252889da52a006b336a0629d4ed4580ef442af8924b_1.jpg

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
No offense to the kids playing, but it cracks me up that a team of mostly nobodies can face another team of mostly nobodies and fans already start drawing conclusions.

This game was the equivalent of the first day of kindergarten. If nobody peed their pants or ate paste then it's a win.

grsbmd

Aug 2, 2006
For me, Lombardi was the player of the game. I was also impressed with Finnie and Buium -- he was head and shoulders the best defenseman for the Wings.

Danielson, Brandsegg-Nygaard, Rychlovsky, and Doucet all had good moments mixed in with bad, which you expect with young kids, but they got better as the game went on.

It felt nice to pile it on against Dallas, whose team was all drafted or signed, except for one player. Hopefully the NCAA allows its players to come to things like this soon.

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
No one should try to make more of this game than what it was, two groups of near strangers, most of them their first organized game in months, thrown together without benefit of more than a couple practices, if that. The few legit prospects all had a few moments at least where they looked like it, most of the rest unmemorable and anonymous for most of two periods, announcers unhelpful in identifying them. First impression this year of Lombardi is that he looks thicker/stronger. Rychlovsky looked pretty sturdy and energetic, didn't seem particularly under-sized. Finnie had some good bursts playing C, be interesting to see if that's where plays this season. Have never liked Buium's skating and saw no reason to change my mind, but he was clearly the most advanced D on the team and made some clever plays with the puck. Hemming looked good for the other guys.

Among non-prospects, Johannes stood out. He's 26 lol.

Reactions: SirloinUB

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
No offense to the kids playing, but it cracks me up that a team of mostly nobodies can face another team of mostly nobodies and fans already start drawing conclusions.

This game was the equivalent of the first day of kindergarten. If nobody peed their pants or ate paste then it's a win.

In a no offense reply

We have been jonesing for some hockey since April. We are fans, short for fanatics. Forgive us if we overreact to seeing two first round picks and several second rounders in action during a prospect camp. By the name, we understand some are long shots but to call them nobodies is to condemn major junior Junior USHL, college and AAA hockey.

So I say again,

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad