Confirmed with Link: Training Camp

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
Sokolov I guess we won't find out until tomorrow? Or Monday. I don't think he really wants to go play in Russia, unless it's money he really can't turn down. He seems to love NA.

Yamamoto, idk what that is about. Sounds like another Kyle Wellwood situation.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Just read that Bjugstad is expected to be out of the lineup with an injury until mid-November

Well, I think that would open a spot at the C position for Doan right away

Keller/Hayton/Schmaltz
Crouse/Cooley/Guenther
Maccelli/Doan/Kerfoot or Maccelli/Kerfoot/Doan
McBain/Stenlund/O'Brien

it wouldn't be a stretch after limited production from Hayton that Doan might get a shot sometime in the future

Reactions: Schemp

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
A two way would probably work, but I don't see him on the opening roster. Bear seems to like Carcone and LOB.
Carcone wouldn't pass waivers and Doan has been the other Preseason standout. Spicey Tuna isnt going anywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if a team like Columbus offered him a roster spot.

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
I got a question for you BA truthers

Which players would you rather have going into this season?

Option #1: Michkov, Benson, Geekie, Moser, Yakemchuk
or
Option #2: Simashev, But, Sergachev, Iginla

I am gonna be honest, the #1 option looks far more enticing. I know people praise Bill Armstrong on this forum, but I am not completely sold on the moves he has made.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I got a question for you BA truthers

Which players would you rather have going into this season?

Option #1: Michkov, Benson, Geekie, Moser, Yakemchuk
or
Option #2: Simashev, But, Sergachev, Iginla

I am gonna be honest, the #1 option looks far more enticing. I know people praise Bill Armstrong on this forum, but I am not completely sold on the moves he has made.

It was widely reported that Michkov gave us the "distinct impression" that he didn't want to play for us during his pre-draft meeting with the team. I don't even consider him as an option for BA. Glad he didn't risk taking him in that case. Other teams passed on him too.

The biggest goal of the offseason was to improve defense. Sergachev will be a big part of that and also has gobs of playoff experience. I also like the idea of Sergachev being a russian speaking mentor that helps make the transition to NA easier for But and Simashev.

Losing Geekie hurts, but I think what we got in return is what's best for us right now. There will be more painful trades coming while the team transitions from rebuild to going all in.

Iginla is currently the 16th ranked NHL prospect. Yakemchuk is rated 20. Maybe 16 to 20 is splitting hairs a bit, but this team has been unable to find a true number 1 center for over two decades. I'll stick with Iginla.

Way too soon for me to have any regrets that BA took But over Benson. Right now I actually like what I'm hearing about But.

Simachev is the pick that is heavily TBD for me. Not so sure about that one since he seems to have very little offensive capabilities. I hope he turns into a killer Defensive D because he worries me.

I'm good with option 2.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad