Boston Bruins Training Camp

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Potrias I think will end up in Providence to
Begin the year. Still taking too many hard hits and needs to learn a bit in that area. It seems they’ll sign Johnson and they already have a good chunk of third fourth liners already.

Make him top center in Providence with Lysell on his wing and see where it takes the both of them.

Could be he just needs a few months before rejoining the team. He was out for quite a long time and needs to get back into the swing of things

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Here's my concern with this team as it sits today:

Last season this team was middle of the pack in goals scored....and that was with Coyle, Frederic, Geekie & Heinen all setting career highs in goals scored. This summer we saw ~20% of our goals from last season depart the team via FA with DeBrusk, Heinen & JVR. You'll replace some of that with Lindholm coming in but you still need guys like Coyle, Frederic & Geekie to maintain their scoring from last season. You then need guys like Poitras, Lohrei, Lysell and the new bottom 6 additions to help cover the rest......and that's just to likely keep up a middle of the pack offense.

Here's the concern. Last season Swayman & Ullmark combined for a 33.2 goals saved above expected. They ranked 4th and 7th in the NHL. The Bruins last year allowed 221 goals, and if you add in those 33 GSAE from Sway & Linus, the Bruins would have barley been positive in goal differential at +9 for the season. At a +9 goal differential for the season, you're competing for a wildcard spot. Swayman is in limbo, Korpi is looking to build is game back and our back-up has never played an NHL game.

On top of that, the Bruins first 10 games aren't exactly a cake walk.

FLA x2
COL
TOR
DAL
MTL
LAK
UTH
NSH

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Here's my concern with this team as it sits today:

Last season this team was middle of the pack in goals scored....and that was with Coyle, Frederic, Geekie & Heinen all setting career highs in goals scored. This summer we saw ~20% of our goals from last season depart the team via FA with DeBrusk, Heinen & JVR. You'll replace some of that with Lindholm coming in but you still need guys like Coyle, Frederic & Geekie to maintain their scoring from last season. You then need guys like Poitras, Lohrei, Lysell and the new bottom 6 additions to help cover the rest......and that's just to likely keep up a middle of the pack offense.

Here's the concern. Last season Swayman & Ullmark combined for a 33.2 goals saved above expected. They ranked 4th and 7th in the NHL. The Bruins last year allowed 221 goals, and if you add in those 33 GSAE from Sway & Linus, the Bruins would have barley been positive in goal differential at +9 for the season. At a +9 goal differential for the season, you're competing for a wildcard spot. Swayman is in limbo, Korpi is looking to build is game back and our back-up has never played an NHL game.

On top of that, the Bruins first 10 games aren't exactly a cake walk.

FLA x2
COL
TOR
DAL
MTL
LAK
UTH
NSH
Of the first 9 games we play, 5 are very winnable for us.
If Swayze is not back for these games, I think 12 points is realistic.
Goal scoring has been our achilles heel for years. If Pasta / Marchy do not score consistently we lose.
This is why a skilled second line RW is so badly needed.
IMO with what we lost from last year ( 7 players), 63 goals lost.
I figure we will improve on this number with the additions we made.
This group should score 78 goals.
Lindholm - 22
Brazeau - 12
Johnson - 12
Lohrei - 10 ( plus 6 from last year)
Jones - 10
Kastelic - 8
Zadorov - 8

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
I wasn't impressed with Lysell last night. But I also wasn't impressed with his linemates - including Coyle. LA played pretty stingy.

Hope he gets one more game this preseason to be sure he's not ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad