Boston Bruins Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Sounds like we could see Lysell in one more game. Sweeney said they will probably have a few players come back up for one of the final 3 games.

Also sounded like Monty really wanted to cut the roster down. He talked a lot about how good practice was after the cuts. The pace, the intensity, all way up with the smaller group.

Reactions: bbfan419 and JCRO

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Sounds like we could see Lysell in one more game. Sweeney said they will probably have a few players come back up for one of the final 3 games.

Also sounded like Monty really wanted to cut the roster down. He talked a lot about how good practice was after the cuts. The pace, the intensity, all way up with the smaller group.
Season starts a week from tomorrow and with 3 preseason games left, they need to be as close to a full roster as possible.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
8x8 sure shifts the public discourse and puts the onus on more the player's side and less on management

Nice negotiating move by Cam to try and break-open this stalemate - now let's hope it works
not even sure it was a negotiation move, he was asked the question, gave a great response and now Sway and his agent aren`t up to bat

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I keep coming back to this being the best lineup because Coyle is usually such a matchup advantage on line 3:

Zacha makes line 2 much more dangerous offensively. Frederic can keep up with those 2 on line 1 and offer a little defense/grit as well.

Frederic - Lindholm - Pasta
Marchand - Zacha - Poitras
Geekie - Coyle - Brazeau
Jones - Kastelic - Beecher

(Johnson? -- when/if signed)
The way he scrambles lines we might see this at some point. I like it as an alternate but I'm not sure I like it better then the expected top 6.

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchand-Coyle-Poitras/Geekie/Frederic

We can figure out the bottom 6 with the two remaining contestants for 2RW plus Brazeau/Jones/Beecher/Lysell and others. There are plenty of other options particularly if one of the prospects seizes the moment and takes that step forward like Beecher, Lohrei and Poitras made last year.

Reactions: sarge88

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Again they are cowards. God forbid they lose a couple of points and finish with 106 pts instead of 110 with "rookie" mistakes. Really makes spending the money on another defenseman foolish if they weren't going to give a skilled guy like Lysell a fair shot. Maybe they think they are going to stink and will need every point?

Were they cowards when Poitras made the team at 19 and earned a middle 6 forward spot?

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Were they cowards when Poitras made the team at 19 and earned a middle 6 forward spot?
Not at all. I gave them props for that, now they are forgetting how well those moves worked out.

So you're a fan of Tyler Johnson or Patrick Brown over Lysell?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Did you miss the part where both he and Merk may be back for at least one of the 3 remaining games?

Anyone who thinks this is a cowardly move is out to lunch. If anything, it takes some balls to see past the flash and make what they feel is the right call for his development. Personally, I thought he did enough to get more looks and it might not be quite over yet for Lysell to see preseason games with the big club.

Reactions: Fenian24

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Did you miss the part where both he and Merk may be back for at least one of the 3 remaining games?
that's normal. They always give them the last game usually and send them back.

Anyone who thinks this is a cowardly move is out to lunch. If anything, it takes some balls to see past the flash and make what they feel is the right call for his development. Personally, I thought he did enough to get more looks and it might not be quite over yet for Lysell to see preseason games with the big club.
yeah ok. Play them early and see what you have then react instead of waiting until someone gets hurt and throwing them in. To play a washed up TJ or terrible Patrick Brown in the lineup over a Lysell for some real games to start the season is cowardly. Have some confidence for crying out loud. Monty needs an extension quick so he can stop worrying about his job and do the right thing

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
that's normal. They always give them the last game usually and send them back.

yeah ok. Play them early and see what you have then react instead of waiting until someone gets hurt and throwing them in. To play a washed up TJ or terrible Patrick Brown in the lineup over a Lysell for some real games to start the season is cowardly. Have some confidence for crying out loud. Monty needs an extension quick so he can stop worrying about his job and do the right thing
Providence camp opened today and they are waiver exempt. It was smart to send them down. They will come back up and get at least one more chance to show they belong in Boston. I won't be surprised if they are cut but I'm glad we are getting to see them have one last chance to change their minds.

Reactions: SwayHeyKid

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Johnson is not signed.....and won't be until the sway situation is resolved.

Why are people putting him on the team on the 2d line already ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad