Boston Bruins Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Wow, already making it easy to give TJ that contract they probably already promised him.

I doubt they promised him anything. Montgomery should not be satisfied with Lysell's performance in the first preseason game. He has to be substantially better than that to see the ice in the regular season, and Monty is giving him another chance tonight.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
I doubt they promised him anything. Montgomery should not be satisfied with Lysell's performance in the first preseason game. He has to be substantially better than that to see the ice in the regular season, and Monty is giving him another chance tonight.
Isn't he on a line with stiffs tonight?

Play the kid regular season, ten games. See what happens. TJ was brought here to make the team at some point ala Heinen

Reactions: Dr Hook and DKH

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Play the kid regular season, ten games. See what happens. TJ was brought here to make the team at some point ala Heinen

Well there is not a lot of proven talent in the lineup tonight.

Lysell is playing with Merkulov, who he has a ton of experience playing with(and is offensively gifted) , and McLaughlin who is a solid AHL/NHL tweener guy. I expect he has experience playing with him as well. So this is probably about as comfortable a line as you could possibly put Lysell on. This is an excellent opportunity for him to thrive

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Well there is not a lot of proven talent in the lineup tonight.

Lysell is playing with Merkulov, who he has a ton of experience playing with(and is offensively gifted) , and McLaughlin who is a solid AHL/NHL tweener guy. I expect he has experience playing with him as well. So this is probably about as comfortable a line as you could possibly put Lysell on. This is an excellent opportunity for him to thrive
Lysell is playing with Tufte and Nelson. The Bruins post was alphabetical not set up in lines. So the point is a bit stronger.

Reactions: Kegs

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

I hope McLaughlin plays well. He is a completely forgotten player who always acquitted himself well playing in the NHL.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010

He has shown nothing, at any point, that he deserves a 10 game tryout in the regular season. If he continues to play like he did Sunday he will be Providences captain this year. If he rebounds and becomes one of the 13 best forwards I am sure he will make the team. Let's see how the independent contractor plays tonight.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
He has shown nothing, at any point, that he deserves a 10 game tryout in the regular season. If he continues to play like he did Sunday he will be Providences captain this year. If he rebounds and becomes one of the 13 best forwards I am sure he will make the team. Let's see how the independent contractor plays tonight.
2 good years in AHL vs playing a game with a bunch of mids

With Marchand and Lindholm convalescing I use these lines (not all same game)

Zacha poitras pasta
Merk coyle brazeau
Freddy Geekie Lysell

Also would give some time putting Lysell on line 1 w Poitras and Zacha

Regular season I go Lysell on Marchand and coylea right. Poitras between Freddy and Geekie.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Lysell is not 100% and it shows.

He'll get well and be fine. That concussion he suffered last year probably has him not where he'd like to be. But he'll get there. It's unfortunate he's gotten hurt 2 years in a row. But when he's healthy he's an asset. I'm not giving up on him yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad